NHL 2019-20 is underway

• Start date
  • Replies 141 Comments
  • Views 8,832 Views
We've had star goalies backing mediocre teams for as long as I can remember. Even the 92-93 Cup-winning team was average - our best player was Damphousse, hardly a superstar.

:yes: Roy was the star I guess. Weird. It's like the Yankees having no sluggers... (I don't know if they do)

Yes, the 2010 playoffs are my last magical hockey memories involving the Habs. I was in Paris with my mom and my twin bro and I would stay up until 4am to watch the games on my laptop.

I worship Halak to this day, he literally beat the Pens and Caps by himself. Totally surreal.

I want him back - he and Price should get exactly 41 starts each.

wow, was that ten years ago? I remember rooting em in, watching one of the games in some strange bar in Laughlin Nevada. Montreal was a very good team that year.

The Washington Capitals are +27 on the season and Alex Ovechkin is -12.

:dunno:

Being a Flyers fan a lot of fun lately, we've been blasting everyone in our path and are in contention for top seed in the Metro.

Big tests coming at Washington, vs Carolina, vs Boston and at TB.

Prediction is 3 seed but we'll see.

Are the Penguins going to wake up or what?

Yes, I believe all my bets against the Flyers have been losers. I thought they were supposed to suck :dunno:
Still can't tell what's good about them, not very fancy, but somehow they seem to wear opponents down

The all-time plus-minus leader - for as long as they have been keeping the stat anyway - Big Larry Robinson.

+722

Pretty decent lead actually - over Bobby Orr in second place at +582.

Then Bourque, then Gretzky.

Big Lare!

flyers.png

Patrick Marleau is about 50 games away from beating Gordie Howe's record for most NHL games played. He hasn't missed a single game in 10 seasons. This is nuts.

Patrick Marleau is about 50 games away from beating Gordie Howe's record for most NHL games played. He hasn't missed a single game in 10 seasons. This is nuts.

I'm surprised Babcock didn't bench him when he was with the Leafs.

Kings are playing really well now. Obviously been winning, but playing kind of a heavy pacient style and redirecting the puck well. If they weren't so far out of it, I'd guess they could do some damage in the playoffs

Kings are playing really well now. Obviously been winning, but playing kind of a heavy pacient style and redirecting the puck well. If they weren't so far out of it, I'd guess they could do some damage in the playoffs

They really are, and it's without my boy Carter. I didn't realize he did so well last year until I looked it up.

Flyers played like pure ass last night, getting dominated by the Sabres. Lucky for them they have a great goaltender (at home) who was on point.

If they play like that either of the next two games (Boston and TB) they're gonna get crushed.

Fuck Tuukka Rask, his weird name and his stupid face.

Winning all the games was fun.

Our GM "confirmed" that Claude Julien would be back behind the bench next season. Thing is, I'm betting that Molson will fire everyone (including himself) and hire a proper president who will rebuild the organization from scratch.

Sometime this summer.

You heard it here first.

yeah these guys are about as exciting to watch as the Red Wings

Our GM "confirmed" that Claude Julien would be back behind the bench next season. Thing is, I'm betting that Molson will fire everyone (including himself) and hire a proper president who will rebuild the organization from scratch.

Sometime this summer.

You heard it here first.

Bergevin seems like the coolest GM around. Heard some funny stories about him back in the day on the podcast.

The James Bond of GM’s.