NHL 2018/19 - season of the Maple Leaf

• Start date
  • Replies 262 Comments
  • Views 19,341 Views
Tampa Bay Lightning aside, shit is bunched up as fok in the east. All the rest of the playoff teams are within 3 points of each other.

We Leafs fans have been making our playoff plans from day 1 but they are one bad week from being right out of it.

:fok:

However the Leafs just put the finishing touches on a win in Tampa.

So that helps.

The Flyers still suck really, really bad.

We did aquire Gritty.

But we also wasted Giroux's career.

Sorry, Claude. :hattip:

Flyers look like an AHL team out there. Shots are 12-1 after one.

:nelson:

both All Stars games on at the same time? couldn't they have schedule it one after the other

I vote for 700 NHL all star games next year MINIMUM.

The fans deserve it.

Maple Leafs acquire defenceman Muzzin in trade with Kings

The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired defenceman Jake Muzzin from the Los Angeles Kings on Monday night for a first-round pick and two prospects, bolstering their blue line with a Stanley Cup-winning veteran.

Okay, okay. So it's a pick that will probably be like mid 20's and two prospects who are not generally even discussed when looking at the organization's future - for a top 4 defenceman with a year and a half of control.

Works for me.

If the playoffs started RIGHT NOW, The Tampa Bay Lightning would play the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round.

Wouldn't that be a fine how-do-you-do?

I don't think the playoffs are going to be as smooth sailing for the Lightning as the regular season has been. I just don't.

Secondary thought: one should not sleep on the Penguins. I say that not just because of today's deal but the composition of the roster in general.

The Penguins ---> they're still here.