NHL 2018/19 - season of the Maple Leaf

• Start date
  • Replies 262 Comments
  • Views 19,338 Views
I dunno but he can't keep up with it and he's constantly rattled.

He's not the only "elite" goalie who's struggling either, look at Rask, Holtby, Bobrovsky, etc. I think the new style is exposing goalies with slower lateral movement.

Heard he’s a drugger.

Carey likes the booger sugar.

Domi is dope, but I’d get a Tatar.

Tatar's great too, but Domi is fokking spectacular. He's all over the place and makes almost no mistakes. So impressive to watch. 3 assists again last night, he's now in the Top 10 for points. :bowdown:

Heard he’s a drugger.

Carey likes the booger sugar.

Not buying it. Anyway, you'd think that would help with his reaction time. 🙄

I dunno but he can't keep up with it and he's constantly rattled.

He's not the only "elite" goalie who's struggling either, look at Rask, Holtby, Bobrovsky, etc. I think the new style is exposing goalies with slower lateral movement.
seems like there's more scoring overall this year. Are some other goalies you are seeing adapting better? And how did the league get faster all of a sudden (if true)? Anyway, fok the goalies, they've been too idolized for too long.

My heroes are play makers
1541780098542.png

The pace of games has increased, it's clearly visible. Conditioning and youth seem even more important now.

I think the increase in scoring has to do with guys putting more emphasis on superfast east-west passes to create openings. And I don't think goalies can do much to counter that, it probably comes down to the quality of your D-men.

Wonder how effective Weber will be when he's back.

Reno you should watch Domi play, he's a smaller Datsyuk.

Matty :sorrow:

Montreal appears to be parting ways with one of their veteran centres.
The Canadiens are reportedly going to place Tomas Plekanec on unconditional waivers, likely for the purpose of contract termination. The 36-year old has played 1001 games, 984 with the Canadiens.

Plekanec was placed on injured reserve due a back injury in October, and hasn't played a game since.

This move comes as a surprise to some, but shouldn't considering how they treated Montreal-lifer Andrei Markov. At least they let Plekanec play his 1,000th game.

Reno you should watch Domi play, he's a smaller Datsyuk.
I'll look for him. East west, you mean like wide, cross ice passes? :hey: I've been preaching that for years.
Also that drop pass that every team now does all of a sudden on the power play? They finally figured out what to do to enter the zone. yep, stole it from me. :idea:

Poor Pleky

Haha, I'm a bit emotional, end of an era. Was always a fan of his. I think he and wifey wanted to go home.

(Edit - he just announced he's retiring.)

Flyers in beast mode!

Blackhawks suck now!

If the Flyers shut you out, you SUCK!

Fuck this shit. I'm losing, none of these assholes can't win a game after having multiple goal lead

Leafs sweep a 3-game California road trip for the first time since 1823.

It's a bit odd though. Adopting the Leafs as my team a few years back - which is all good - no regrets - but the thing is, I used to hate the Leafs.

So now sometimes a clip will come up of some moment from Leafs history - and I'm all like, "Fuck that guy!"

But it's my team. A bit odd.