NFL Week #1

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Make no mistake about this, I am maybe the WORST NFL capper to ever post. I love the game, I watch the game but I am a sucker for what I think I know about how to bet the games. Not telling you to fade but warning you that if you find yourself on the same side as me to re-evaluate your selections.

Atlanta -2.5
Cleveland -6.5
Detroit +1
Arizona -7
Oakland +3

i'm not good either, and very square. I always put too much emphasis on the wrong data or info or stat ect...

I'm too into the psychology and emotions of it too....

anyways it sure is fun, the most fun to bet for me except maybe march madness.

So Far I have New Orleans with no reasoning
Cleveland and Baltimore

I haven't even looked at any matchups yet..

I'll most likely bet 80-90% of the games with a bad number and -ev for sure...

but it will be fun!!!!

good luck NFL Cappers!!!

Good luck Wal.

I like the Browns play so far.
NFL week 1 is a tough bitch.

Call it a homer pick but I think you've gotta consider the Redskins getting 3 at home.

They've looked WAY more prepared than every team they faced this preseason. The defense is stout. Tim Hightower could be a solid feature back. The team's second year in a proven coach's system.

I expect the Skins to surprise some people this year, starting week one at home against the Giants. They haven't beaten the NYG in over 3 seasons. I think that streak ends Sunday.

Thanks Arch and Casper.

Jello, the Skins was a game I was considering and still may get on. Rex under center is a concern but every other aspect I can get onboard with. I'm not a Skins fan but I totally dislike the Giants so even if I don't bet the game I am rooting for the Skin's.

I'm a Cowboy's and Buc's fan and already not betting on one and betting against the other.

Good luck Wally with this! You keep this board alive with your sport's plays! :yes::wallay:

Plommer likes the UNDER in the Saints/Packers game.

Plommer likes the UNDER in the Saints/Packers game.

As do I.

Redskins is a pick I am warming up to as well. I have some weird hunch that Grossman will have the best year of his career (of course that is not hard to do).

Who has Rodgers and Brees as their QB's in our little fantasy thing?

Call it a homer pick but I think you've gotta consider the Redskins getting 3 at home.

They've looked WAY more prepared than every team they faced this preseason. The defense is stout. Tim Hightower could be a solid feature back. The team's second year in a proven coach's system.

I expect the Skins to surprise some people this year, starting week one at home against the Giants. They haven't beaten the NYG in over 3 seasons. I think that streak ends Sunday.

Posted at 07:00 AM ET, 09/12/2011
Redskins decline day off
By Mike Jones

The Washington Redskins usually take Mondays off after a win, and must practice the day after losses. But this week, the team plans to spend Victory Monday on the football field.

Although Coach Mike Shanahan planned to reward his players with a day of rest after their 28-14 victory over the New York Giants, the Redskins declined.

Instead, they told their coach that theyre coming to work and want to get better.

Players have spoken about a different attitude, a more business-like approach and better focus, and obviously declining a day off this week is testament of that.

Its really attitude and something thats going on in this locker room that I cant explain, receiver Anthony Armstrong said. Its different, but I really cant explain.

By Mike Jones | 07:00 AM ET, 09/12/2011

1996-2011 The Washington Post

Its just something special, some little buzz going around in here, Anthony Armstrong said. I dont know what it is, but its something special. And yall dont got to pick us. I dont want anybody to pick us for the rest of the year.

Ehh....a lot of people here were making the same call on the Skins +2 or 3. Not patting myself on the back for that.

I'm looking at it from a larger perspective though. I have a good feeling about this team and this franchise for the first time in probably 15 years. Even when they were decent 6 or 7 years ago (under Gibbs 2.0), I never felt like the ceiling was as high as it is with Shanahan at the helm.

I think the whole change in philosophy over this offseason is the key. No more going after the big name, new shiny toys. In fact, they practically gave away Haynesworth and McNabb. Just gave them away. Instead they signed guys like Hightower and Cofield and Atogwe.... went from the oldest team in the league to the youngest in one offseason.

They're not going all the way this year, but this franchise is back.

good info and article

thanks for sharing Jello

now go fok off

Late in the 3rd quarter or early 4th Grossman had a Passer Rating of 102. He had moments of really sound play yesterday and I wish him well but as good as his goods were in the game yesterday he will have even worse bads to come. Defensively the Skins played great and I can see that holding up but they need to get that running game going, it was practically non-existent from what I could tell on the radio broadcast.

Can a Liver get an Oakland cover tonight to go 2-2-1 on posted plays?