• Start date
  • Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 735 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Reporter called last week and did a 30 minute phone interview and then showed up for 2 hours at the park on Sunday.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20130915/ARTICLES/130919735/0/search

All is not good though as some parents after reading the article decided they now have a problem with the location of the park. They have safety concerns and "what ifs" about the planes mostly but even the distraction that can be caused by the RC cars and trucks.

My problem with these parents is I have been out there almost everyday since May working on the park and not a single one of them have ever once mentioned a concerned.

We have strict safety guidelines in place and the baseball fields are definitely a no-fly zone when in use either for practice or games regardless if it's an entire team on them or a single person. Of course with things in the air anything could go wrong and no matter how many safety restrictions you have in place the potential is always present.

Just sucks that after all we have done to this point they decide only now to express their concerns.

GL Bash 2014- Newberry RC park

Gonna be a hootin' and hollerin' good time folks.

There will always be people bitching about something. Good job big wawa. I hope you get the grant.

Parents will find something to bitch about regardless of what you do. They are way over protective. Keep up the good work Wally, I am sure it will work out.

Will have more to say when time to read over few times but gotta give you an atta boy Wally! :pope:

i am praying for you wal

good job on byu against texas

you are a visionary

Wally this is very cool stuff you're doing imo man

Screw the haters RC gotta RC

Very cool! Good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

Wally, do you really have to wait for your tax return next year, to buy that equipment to make it an official racing track?

I made about $4600 last week. If I donate it to the you, will you name one of the tracks after me?

The tax return this year is already spent.

1: $500 to MonkeyFocker because I'll not complete not would I be able to win if I did complete our contest but I do have until March Madness.

2: The rest will be used to purchase the MyLaps equipment. We have a deal on the table to buy a brand new system with computer and P.A. right now but the account is out of funds. We are setting up a website where good hearted Americans can simply click on a button and generously donate via PayPal to the park.

Unfortunately the grant we have applied for will not cover computer equipment. What's worse if we don't get the grant (we'll blame Obama)then we also have to raise about 13K for the drivers stand.

The big meeting tonight with the baseball parents. I have sent word to all RC enthusiast who plan on attending to be respectful and above all conduct themselves in a proper adult and civilized manner. No-ones allowed to headbutt a pompous ass baseball dad but me.