My Super Bowl Weekend

mcbaseball10

Outnumbered
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Every year around this time I make a trip from Florida to Ohio to participate in Super Bowl weekend. Last year the SB was held twenty minutes from my house at the Stadium formerly known as Dolphin Stadium and I traveled 1200 miles to watch it in scenic Dayton Ohio. This year I will be flying out of 77 degrees and sunshine to a balmy 30 degree winter wonderland to partake in our traditional Super Bowl festivities. Saturday night is a night of boozing and playing poker, darts and pool until 4-5 am. Sunday's noon pre-Super Bowl poker tournament gets us liquored up and prepared for the main event.

For the Super Bowl every year we fill up 100 squares with a $100 entry fee and every year we have a waiting list for people trying to get into the next year's pool. With the $100 you get your 0-9 numbers for each team for each quarter that pays out $100 for every score in the game. The person with 0-0 1st Quarter already has been awarded his $100. At the end of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters the corresponding numbers earns $1000 and at the conclusion of the 4th quarter the person with the corresponding square wins the remaining money (typically between $2500-3000).

The $100 entry fee is used for the rental facility, kegs of beer, catering, and 4 LCD tvs that are given away at the conclusion of the game. Typically I will only see about one quarter of the actual game as we are playing dealer's choice cash games for the entire day. We only pay attention to the sheets to find out what scenarios might lead to us winning the quarters or getting our money back by any score. The women are put to work during the game raffling off handles of liquor, 50/50 drawings, and other odds and ends. Suffice to say, this event has become quite a fun tradition full of alcohol, gambling, and good times with friends. Hopefully this year will be another successful event and the trip will be paid for with my poker winnings or by hitting the lucky numbers. Monday morning I hop back on a plane wreaking of alcohol and head back to reality swearing that I will never drink again.

Sounds like a great time MCB! Best way to do the cold, visit and leave! Enjoy! :up:

I'm going to get wasted at Matty's co-workers place tonight

:dance:

I'm going to get wasted at Matty's co-workers place tonight

:dance:

I know you're kidding but I'm going there tonight too. There's gonna be a single girl. Fiver we can fight over her and really make a mess tonight.

Avenue Rd, bit south of Eglinton.

Sounds like a great party McB. Do it up right. Make us proud. Puke on the pool table and yell out GAMELIVE MUTHERFUCKERS! so your friends all think you're nuts.

sounds like a hell of a SB party
renting a facility???

Fiver I'm kidding I don't even know what the girl looks like. She's probably hot though.

McB that is some hardcore shit. :bowdown: gl.

probably, gl.

I'm going to be hanging out on my couch with my prick in my hand and power posting

I know you're kidding but I'm going there tonight too. There's gonna be a single girl. Fiver we can fight over her and really make a mess tonight.

Avenue Rd, bit south of Eglinton.

McB enjoy your trip.

Matty are you and Fiver close enough friends to cross swords with the same chick?

Fiver doesn't even like me all that much Wakkyballs, he snaps at me all the time. :sad:

Fiver and matty, sharing is caring. :fivergays: Matty be prepared for this face if it occurs.

Bread, pictures would be a part of the equation if I reach that level.

mikey, we rent out a party hall and start at 12:00 and are usually kicked out around 1:00 am.

There's usually at least one Canaidan in the Super Bowl. Usually it is some poes on the kick return team or whatever.

That is a lively Super Bowl weekend. I will just be watching the game with a handful of guys. We will probably order pizza and wings. I will be sober. They will probably have a beer or two each.

We have Super Bowl squares but they are 3 bucks each and the big prize is like $150.

:square:

Muddy dont you just crave a nice ice cold one? Common.