• Start date
  • Replies 31 Comments
  • Views 2,844 Views

Muse

Since
Sep 30, 2011
Score
Tokens
Wife wants to move to N. Cali. I'm not opposed to it but don't know much about it. She wants to live within a few miles of the beach with good climate, but needs to be affordable as we're not super rich. Right now, we're looking into the Fort Bragg area. Does anyone here live in CA or have ever lived there? What are your opinions? I'd be moving from OKC, so I'll be glad as hell to leave this place.

Hayward is my favorite city in NorCal. Nice place to live.

Hayward is my favorite city in NorCal. Nice place to live.

I stopped in Hayward to fill up gas when I was there last month. It was nice but I think Berkeley has better views of the Bay cause it on the hills.

Wife wants to move to N. Cali. I'm not opposed to it but don't know much about it. She wants to live within a few miles of the beach with good climate, but needs to be affordable as we're not super rich. Right now, we're looking into the Fort Bragg area. Does anyone here live in CA or have ever lived there? What are your opinions? I'd be moving from OKC, so I'll be glad as hell to leave this place.

Northern California is not really beach weather. I was there in May and it was chilly for the beach.

California

Near the beach

affordable:hahaha:

good luck with that

and by the way northern california is not climate for beach weather. even in warm months

weather can change on a dime in northern california

sounds like you don't have a clue

tell the wife to shut her trap and clean the house and make dinner

thats what i do

get some

salud boys

Fort Bragg is in Noth Carolina, but the thread says Cali, so, before I offer you any input, I would like to clarify which it is.

-EV...

Move to Seattle and pick up indoor hobbies...

You'll live longer and your kids will thank you in 20 years...

Northern California summers are 60-70's. Sept and Oct are the warmer months.

Northern California summers are 60-70's. Sept and Oct are the warmer months.
60's and 70's are good. 105 in the summer, below zero in the winter, no more beuno. I gotta get outta here.

-EV...

I like Seattle but would end up committing suicide during the winter. Or whenever my Norco's ran out, whichever came first.

Fort Bragg is in Noth Carolina, but the thread says Cali, so, before I offer you any input, I would like to clarify which it is.

It is indeed Ft. Bragg, CA. It's a few hours north of San Francisco.

:camiandstevie:

California

Near the beach

affordable:hahaha:

good luck with that

and by the way northern california is not climate for beach weather. even in warm months

weather can change on a dime in northern california

sounds like you don't have a clue

tell the wife to shut her trap and clean the house and make dinner

thats what i do

get some

salud boys

You're right. I don't have much of a clue here, hence the reason for starting the thread. I'm gathering opinions. You sound like typical SBR trash. Apparently, you have nothing of value to add.

We're looking a bit more north of the Bay area mainly b/c it's so expensive to live there. But I'll look into Hayward.

60's and 70's are good. 105 in the summer, below zero in the winter, no more beuno. I gotta get outta here.

I like Seattle but would end up committing suicide during the winter. Or whenever my Norco's ran out, whichever came first.

Google ----> Ft. Bragg, California

:camiandstevie:

You're right. I don't have much of a clue here, hence the reason for starting the thread. I'm gathering opinions. You sound like typical SBR trash. Apparently, you have nothing of value to add.

We're looking a bit more north of the Bay area mainly b/c it's so expensive to live there. But I'll look into Hayward.

just looking to help

hope you lose you're fukkin shirt tonight guy

Kraken, I hear the pot growing soil is good near Fort Bragg

Kraken, I hear the pot growing soil is good near Fort Bragg

This doesn't pertain to me much but I'll be sure to keep it in mind. Archie, do you live in Norther Cali?

This doesn't pertain to me much but I'll be sure to keep it in mind. Archie, do you live in Norther Cali?

yep, Garberville, Ca. work on my uncle's vineyard

I'm a California native and yes I smoke pot.

Ask me anything and everything. If you are moving here, and here being the bay area, I'd recommend thinking about about the beach. Sure you can get a nice 80-100 degree day inland and goto Half Moon Bay or Santa Cruz ( ps everyone else is doing this TRAFFIC! ), but that shouldnt be your motivation. If you want the beaches like they sell on postcards go more south towards the equator with warming ocean water and warming days.

Actually, "Brock's" post was the most accurate in the thread.

Absolutely hysterical that the first town that people recommend is Hayward.

-EV...

Internet gambling is a felony in Washington

FF, what are the winters like? Do you own/rent? If own, how are property taxes and insurance? What's the best way to get around town ie bus/subway/trollie/train and about how much monthly for use of public trans?

Tomatoe, what is wrong with Hayward? Is it the bay area version of Compton? Am I being setup?

FF, what are the winters like? Do you own/rent? If own, how are property taxes and insurance? What's the best way to get around town ie bus/subway/trollie/train and about how much monthly for use of public trans?

Tomatoe, what is wrong with Hayward? Is it the bay area version of Compton? Am I being setup?

I would not recommend hayward as a first town for someone coming to california.

The winters it "rains" here. So instead of it being 60-80s it'll be 50-60s and rain for up to a week straight. Normally well get 20 inches in a season of rain?

I rent my currently property. If you want to live here for a long time then I'd buy, but otherwise the market is not for investing. There are a lot of rich people here that'll buy whatever the fuck they want. There aren't really recessions.

I've never owned so i can't answer that. There are places to own a property, but they won't be next to the beach. I'm not sure your current incomes and the lifestyle you like to live either. We can chat in PM if you wanna get personal and I can give you cities where the "rich" hide or cities where the "poor" are. I like to play in both because well I like meeting new people.

Best way to get around town? If you live in SF BART/MUNI aka subway/bus. If you live southern pennisula PTA/Caltrain. This again all depends where you live. Are you aiming not to have a car? I pay about $300 a month for taxis/trains/subways, but I move a lot as well. You could probably get that lower.

You're not being setup with Hayward it's just not a selling place. I would never taken a guest to Hayward to show them the bay.

PS don't forget I have a bias and I do think California is the best state in the union for me