Moving Day

• Start date
  • Replies 104 Comments
  • Views 4,384 Views
Second wall just fell...
25138.jpeg

Blitty, will be down sometime soon. Only question is with or without the fam? I prob said the same thing about CA.

No. Insurance doesnt cover retaining wall collapse from hydrostatic pressure (water over time, including freezing). So yeah. We got an estimate on some engineered plans that would bring the walls up to modern standard (3ft footings, rebar, etc). Not gonna do that, too expensive. So we're paying some mason to use the fallen rocks to "repair" the collapsed sections. Theres no warranty that it will last but if we get 6-7 years out of this quick fix we'll have made the right decision. Sucks.

20200223_153348.jpg

But I'm redoing this bathroom myself and saving a fortune.

I dont think its necessarily some great financial move. I'm sure I've pointed out on this forum (probably more than once) that the market generally beats returns on real property. But for me it fulfills some need to own something, to do things, to build and be king of my own little corner of the world. I'm sure Matty you get that from your business.

Yah totally.

As far as homeownership goes, I've just seen it become this all-consuming thing for so many people, including my dad (who is visibly miserable in no small part because of it), and I just feel like there's a certain level of absurdity this self-perpetuating cycle of renovations and repairs to the box you live inside of.

But yeah, at the end of the day, we're all just keeping busy and assigning value to different shit. Some people are horrified when they realize what I do. I geddit.

Boner, show us when it's done! You and the wifey can christen it, TOGETHER! The Shower of Love! You never made it to the restaurant but the next best better thing! Take advantage of it when you young! When you get to my age the shower will close down like the Sea of Love! :frown:

MM i haven't had sex in the shower in probably 7 years. Its over for me too.

I always found shower sex and jacuzzi sex very overrated. I think the heat from the water fucks stuff up.

Yeah all solo with lotta YouTubes. Its an extra bathroom so I have the benefit of time. There's def a lot of details that are shoddy. But whatever.