• Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,764 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Focused as I am on the Olympics, I did not think about movies much this past week. I saw exactly one.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) - It's very good - like all the Harry Potter movies. Is it weird that I like HP movies - and kids' movies in general - so much? I don't know.

Supplementary topic: the new Scorcese movie, Shutter Island, is coming out and the initial buzz confirms what I feared. It is not good. The multiple release delays were a big head scratcher; release delays almost never happen due to awesomeness. The movie got two SKIP IT's from the guys at At The Movies (who are both big Scorcese fans). Not that I automatically agree with critics but I could just tell from the way they were discussing it that something had gone wrong.

As far as Shutter Island, skip the movie, read the book, its great! There is no way to pull off the twists in this book on the screen. I haven't seen the movie, but it doesn't surprise me that most are disappointed with it.

I saw Crazy Heart yesterday. It's OK but not worth spending money on. Basically it's a an Oscar driven vehicle for Jeff Bridges. No break from formula here at all, but some very good acting.

I have been hearing the exact opposite about Shutter Island. I hear it is great and definitely worth going to see...weird.

9 - Tim Burton animated film. Great graphics. Short movie, enjoyable enough. Not as good as Coraline though.

Smokin' Aces 2
- Another short movie. Nowhere near as good as the original, which I enjoyed. The allstar cast is gone, but they did land the guy who played Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch' so that's gotta count for something.

Crash - In honor of the impending Oscars, watched 'Crash' for the tenth time or so. I don't care what Uncle Mudcat says, there are about five spine-tingling moments to be had in this one. Love it.

The Unborn - Robyn enjoys these cookie cutter horror movies. This one definitely met the status quo. Spooky kid, a tie-in with mirrors being evil, and most importantly, lots of sudden loud noises to annoy, rather than frighten. Cute chick though.

the-unborn-stills05.jpg

(Hint - The black friend doesn't make it. More status quo)

Black Snake Moa
n - I'm good for this movie about once every year or so. I love it so much. By far, Sammy's best character since 'Snakes On A Plane.' I'm not kidding either. And this below, is one of my favorite scenes in all of movies.

black%20snake%20moan%20SPLASH.jpg

Uncle Buttcat loves Harry Potter and kid's movies, but he hates Crash. I'm not sure what to take from that, but it seemed worthy of note.

Well to be precise I don't have a blanket love of kids' movies - I love good ones. I dislike the bad ones just as I dislike any bad movies.

This talk of Black Snake Moan has got me thinking. They should have Christina Ricci in teeny-tiny pannies in the next Harry Potter movie. Industry people need to find interesting ways of combining things I like into movies.

Crash was an excellent movie.

I have a backlog of 6 or 7 films which I havent had time to watch yet.
Inglrious Basterds has been next in line for about 3 weeks already.

Nat a fan of Harry Potter myself, but The Chamber of Secrets is the favourite of both of my kids.

I thought she was hot for all the wrong reasons in 'Black Snake.' I especially enjoyed the scene where she's getting plowed by the gigantic slack-jawed crack dealer. YES!

ricci.jpg

The Unborn - Robyn enjoys these cookie cutter horror movies. This one definitely met the status quo. Spooky kid, a tie-in with mirrors being evil, and most importantly, lots of sudden loud noises to annoy, rather than frighten. Cute chick though.

the-unborn-stills05.jpg

(Hint - The black friend doesn't make it. More status quo)

[/IMG]

It seems like we all end watching the same movies around the same time but I watched this over the last week as well. Well Dancegirl and I tried to watch it....first we were confused by the fact that there was a Megan Fox wanna be in the movie. We actually thought it was Megan Fox at first and were trying to figure out why she would do such a bad movie. We never even ended up finishing the movie because it got so bad....even for a cookie cutter horror movie. The plot didn't make much sense and it really wasn't all that scary. If you are looking for a decent movie that would fall in a similar category we also watched The Uninvited recently which was fairly decent. At least it held our attention.

We actually thought it was Megan Fox at first and were trying to figure out why she would do such a bad movie.

Uhhh...Jennifer's Body??? Transformers???? Come on pally!!!!

I also saw similarities to Fox though.

Uninvited was ok. But just OK. I think these types of movies have run their course for awhile at least.

I watched one of the dumbest movies I have seen in a long time. Wanted with Angelina Jolie

It was so bad I ended up laughing at it a few times. People curving bullets and other absolutely ridiculous things.

I had to go look up the name of the movie from IMDB because I had already forgot. Now it says there is a rumor of a Wanted 2. You have got to be kidding me.

I watched one of the dumbest movies I have seen in a long time. Wanted with Angelina Jolie

It was so bad I ended up laughing at it a few times. People curving bullets and other absolutely ridiculous things.

I had to go look up the name of the movie from IMDB because I had already forgot. Now it says there is a rumor of a Wanted 2. You have got to be kidding me.

Wanted was a really really bad movie....I read some things about it and it seems that some Japanese filmmaker made his debut with this movie and really didn't know what he was doing. He never tied anything in the story together at all.... it was just really odd...

Uhhh...Jennifer's Body??? Transformers???? Come on pally!!!!

I also saw similarities to Fox though.

Uninvited was ok. But just OK. I think these types of movies have run their course for awhile at least.

haven't seen jennifer's body but it looks horrid....as for as Transformers was concerned as bad as it was....at least both of those were entertaining. They kept my attention if nothing else. Not to mention I had a soft spot for a movie about a toy that i loved as a child.

I have never seen Megan Fox in anything. She is basically a rumor to me.