Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,323 Views
Lol. Watched The Puerto Rican day parade last night. Think I've only seen it once before. Forgot it was like 3rd to last original episode. It was funny.

I know that the US's gun culture means that a lot of American viewers want authentic gear and technique/tactics in movies.

Calm strike rating: 7.4

Dune (2021)

Visually extraordinary film. There are several WOW scenes, too. The story is slightly above average.

I can’t name a single character and I saw the film 2 hours ago :dunno:

8.25 Trons.

*if I didn’t see it on the big screen it would probably score out at 7.5

We’ll call the new delta strain you created at that superspreader event:

The Dune Variant.

You is better than I expected. It's a very silly but self-aware mix of Dexter and High Fidelity (with books instead of records). I'm almost done with Season 3, and the impressive thing is that the show manages to reinvent itself every season while sticking to its basic premise (guy gets obsessed with a chick and ends up murdering people.)

Recommended.

8.15 John Mayer Doppelgangers out of a possible 10

You're a manwhore, John Mayer 🤝

Hah, that’s random we just started first episode of You tonight. I mentioned Dexter as well.

Finished Feel Good. Which was delightfully awkward.

Is Maid any good?

Hah, that’s random we just started first episode of You tonight. I mentioned Dexter as well.

Is Maid any good?

Maid was shot in Victoria,B.C.,where I live,so I had to watch.Actually turned out pretty good,more dramatic than thriller.

LOVE HARD (2021)

Netflix #1 movie as of today is an absolute piece of shit. Watched this and literally was guessing LINES from the script before the actors said them. The plot is an attractive bitch who whines about her dating life and writes for a website about it. Really original. Anyway, she has the obligatory fat best friend who tries her worst to channel her inner Melissa McCarthy but Jenny McCarthy could've done a better job.

Anyway, attractive cum dumpster gets catfished when she is on a faux Tinder type app. It's during Xmas season (another original idea) and of course love is in the air even with the catfish scenario looming large over their heads.

Does she end up with the catfish guy? Does she stay single forever? Do we all want everyone involved with this movie to get hit with an asteroid?

I fucking HATE that people actually WATCH this shit. Yes, that includes myself for falling for the "#1 On Netflix Right Now" tagline.

1 star out of 10: Only reason for the star is that Nina Dobrev was good in Degrassi Jr High and I'm happy she's now old enough for me to fap to.

Creep (2014)

Shot in a POV camera style, Mark Duplass plays a guy who hires a cameraman to film him for 8 hours for $1000. His purpose is to do a video diary for his unborn son before he dies of cancer.

Without giving too much away, his reasons are not what they seem.

The movie itself is tense from beginning to end in a very subtle way. It's a horror film without gore. Low budget, but done well.

The ending isn't as much as a surprise as reviewers made it out to be. It's still good but not a WTF ending.

I can't say too much more about the film without "ruining" it, but it's worth a watch nonetheless.

7 out of 10 stars.

Is Maid any good?
I gotta catch up on Dex.