Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,210 Views
It's interesting to watch a movie based on historical events where I don't know how it ends up. Such was the case with The Trial of the Chicago 7.

It had the usual Aaron Sorkin issues (for me) of the dialogue sounding very written - and most of the characters sharing the same personality - but it was pretty absorbing.

A lot of people are calling it Oscar-bait. I didn't find it that good - but who knows this year?

Watching “Dirk Gently Hollistic Detective”.
Wild wild show in a good way

Lotta made-up bullshit in that movie BTW. I did a bit of research.

Not that that's revolutionary or even unusual. Argo won Best Picture a few years back.

It's probably more unusual to find a movie that sticks to the facts.

But I always wonder and in this case, yap, plenny totally fabricated crap.

I don't really want to watch the new Borat. I remember watching the original with my hands covering my face for most of it. I expect this one to be even worse, if the teaser with Giuliani is any indication. :hehe:

I don't really want to watch the new Borat. I remember watching the original with my hands covering my face for most of it. I expect this one to be even worse, if the teaser with Giuliani is any indication. :hehe:

rewatched Borat yesterday and forgot how funny it was. Pure comedic gold

I think 50 bucks an hour. That's what I would have to be paid to watch either Borat movie.

I've seen clips 'n shit. Yap. 50 bucks an hour.

Watched Double Daddy on Lifetime. Highschool dude knocks up two highschool chicks, one from the wrong side of the tracks. Pretty lame across the board. 3.8 Stars 🌟 🌟 🌟🌟

Here is the trailer:

Here is the entire movie:

I'm really low on stuff to watch these days. I'm liking Fargo but that's only one episode per week.

I gave the all-important second viewing to The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Just excellent. I am upping my rating from 7.3 to 8.1

I d/l'ed the South Park Pandemic special. That should eat up about 22 minutes of my day today.

I guess I'll watch Star Trek Discovery from the beginning. It's into season 3 now. I've watched all the other Star Trek stuff so there's no reason that shouldn't be passable if I give it a chance. Maybe something to watch with dinners for awhile.

This is the normally the time of year for Oscar contenders to pour out but I don't know what to expect this year.

On The Rocks. Bill Murray/Sophia Coppola teaming up again. Ratings and reviews seem good enough.

Worth a look, I reckon.

I d/l'ed the South Park Pandemic special. That should eat up about 22 minutes of my day today.

It's actually 47 minutes.

There are a couple of huge laughs, a number of chuckles, and quite a few swing-and-a-misses.

So it goes.

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm was bad. My inner manchild snort-LOLed at a few penis/vagina jokes, but as a whole it was pretty dragged out and recycled. The Giuliani thing is a lot murkier than SBC wants us to believe.

They failed to hit their original target (Pence) so they went after ol' Rudy to save the film.

Would've been ok as a series of YouTube clips.

Meh.

3.8 Sexy Times out of a possible 10.