Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,383 Views
Looks like the only category somewhat up for grabs in the Oscars tonight is the big one, Best Picture.

1917 is around -200 and Parasite is +300

I guess of those two, I would vote for 1917 but it is one forgettable pic for me.

The Stranger - Second-rate small-town mystery nonsense. Mentally checked out after 2 episodes, officially gave up during Ep. 4 :redx:

The Lighthouse.

Been meaning to mention this one for awhile now. Incredible looking slow-burn descent into madness. Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what I saw, but i liked it. Definitely one of the weirder things your going to watch this year. Willam Dafoe is amazing.

77de3703-113b-475d-9150-97c5f5abc2d8.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Spoiler alert:

It gets really good after they start drinking the kerosene.

Man did I hate that opening musical number. That chick has a great - and I mean GREAT - butt.

But the number ---> :redx:

Eminem was great. I didn't see that coming.

Some of the audience shots were hilarious. Rhythm - not everyone gots it.

But the performance was a highlight.

Yah, was pretty funny seeing everyone rapping along to Lose Yourself. It's basically a pop standard.

It slid by me that The Irishman was nominated for editing. I laughed out loud when they announced that.

Do I need to explain? I thought the movie was at least an hour too long, is my point. Which more editing could have addressed?

I know that was more of a writing issue but it's funny to think of it as an editing issue. Kinda?

Okay we move on.

They should see if they can get Olivia Colman to host one of those things. She's always such a charming presence.

Parasite - The most remarkable thing about the Best Picture winner is that it's every movie genre all at once. I don't wanna say more for fear of spoiling it. If you can handle subtitles, just watch it. Now.

8.9 Matty Rains

42 to 1 (ESPN 30 For 30)

great look at the Buster Douglas upset against Mike Tyson (and also a great closer look at Buster Douglas).

Ray Donovan cancelled?

Very unexpected. that sucks. Was the best show on TV, in my opinion. So good. Many loose ends.

Showtime is interesting. The free 7 day trial then if you go to cancel it they bump it to 30 days. They allow you download whatever you want which is nice. HBO doesn't do that which is lame.

The Chi is good, well worth watching - it covers the ins and outs of inner Chicago form generation to generation. Very cool.

Shameless still solid despite Emmy Rossum's departure. Better with her yes, but still very good.

House of Lies was also a very good Showtime show and of course Duchovny's Californation is classic.

Currently doing Curb Your Enthusiasm from the start on HBO.

I have a god very cheap IPTV and torrent site, if anyone wants either let me know.

Security guards - we like our TV.

hats off to the Narcos subtitle team, they don't direct translate but translate the meaning of what slang those Mexicans and Colombians are using, direct translation would read funny to yall and kill the mood

9 out of 10 Matty Rains to the subtitles

Oh, we get the whole damn season all at once. I forget that happens sometimes nowadays.

Noice.

I'm packing it in with Avenue 5. Just not gettin' er done for me.

I really didn't think much of the first two episodes of the new season of Kidding either. I'll stick with that for a while though. I recall the first season being very back-and-forth between lulls and WOW moments, so maybe there is some stuff to come.

:dunno: