Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,294 Views
Roma (2018)

Yeah this is one of those movies for critics. I guess it looks nice. Very little happens and it takes its time not happening. There is a bunch of irrelevant side-stuff. It seems at times like it might be saying something about class stratification, but in the end I find no coherent statement.

I hate to be negative because there is a sweetness to some of the characters - but for me, it's just tedious. It could hardly be lower on the rewatchability continuum.

Reminds me in a way of last year's acclaimed movie Lady Bird. I know it's about the writer-director's own experiences from earlier life, and I'm sure it was meaningful to him/her to explore them but for me, I'm sorry, not everything has to be a movie. There's no movie here.

3.7 out of 10

iu

MrX
If we have any serious comics fans here, I haven't noticed it. RJ must know.

Bone bone!

Blitty once dressed up for Comic Con and you scolded him for it.

And here's some photographic evidence:

1zf3rm8.jpg

Love After Lockup - Ran into this last night and embarrassed to say that I enjoyed it. Very silly. If you want to feel better about your life by watching the truly stupid and pathetic, than this is the show for you. 5.7 pads

Shameless - The Gallaghers are always up to something and it's usually pretty entertaining. The gay shit gets annoying but it's in small doses, you get to see some nice titties too. 7.5 maxis

I can’t stand Avengers, Spider Man, Black Panther etc etc but I plead guilty to taking my sons to see the Star Wars movies (and looking forward to it).

Something comforting about taking your 9 year old to see a film that has the same characters in it as the films you saw when you were 9 years old.

I’ve never found Bill Maher very funny but that clip was outstanding.

Im not a huge comic fan. Probably read 2 dozen comics in my whole life?

I have purchased thousands of comics and resold them for profit which requires some sort of knowledge. Also I've flipped nyccc tickets before they made it difficult.

Regarding the movies ive seen most, maybe missed an avengers or an x man or two. And I love star wars but generally am a movie behind.

I heard about the Mahr criticism didnt watch it, sounds dumb.

I can’t stand Avengers, Spider Man, Black Panther etc etc but I plead guilty to taking my sons to see the Star Wars movies (and looking forward to it).

Something comforting about taking your 9 year old to see a film that has the same characters in it as the films you saw when you were 9 years old.

I’ve never found Bill Maher very funny but that clip was outstanding.

I forgot to add the Batman film with Heath Ledger.

:pepe:

I’ve watched it at least 4 times. Superb acting.

So I guess that means I have Bohemian Rhapsody as my vote for Best Picture???

Really???

No, I can't do that. It has my highest rating of the nominated movies but I can't possibly vote for Bohemian Rhapsody for Best Picture.

Vice has my vote. That has to be it.

I also have Christian Bale for Best Actor - and Adam Mckay for Best Director. A big night for Vice courtesy of Mudcat. They're not going to win - okay, Bale winning would only be a bit of a surprise - but that's how things stack up for me. Apparently.

My second sigplay on these Oscars is decided. Glenn Close for Best Actress. I feel pretty solid on this and kind of expect the line to move [from -383] so I'm grabbing it now.

Line is now -883

I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member.

:moped: