Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 949,183 Views
The Humans season finale was just okay. There were a few problems with writers having a place they clearly wanted to go, but not having a sensible way to get there - so they started contriving shit that didn't make sense based on established motivations and yada yada. Some cat and mouse shit they hoped no one would be thinking about too much.

Nice enough show overall though. Not an all-timer but I'll watch a 2nd season whenever they get around to it.

Rating for season 1: 7 out of 10.

TORONTO -- Canadian director Paul Haggis, who has 2 Oscars and Emmys, and spent 35 years as a member of the Church of Scientology, hopes his part in the recent HBO documentary "Going Clear" is bringing light to the "truth" about the Church of Scientology.

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but everyone already knows it is a joke. Like, good for you figuring it out after 35 years, but the fact that Scientology is idiotic nonsense that only the dippiest dipshit could buy into ----> we know.

i know this doesnt include muddy, but hows the saying go? "if you believe in god, the creator of all, from the bible, you cant call people crazy if they believe in scientology"... something like that :yes:

I wonder if my recording device will resume recording the Daily Show in September.

Will it know.

capotepic.jpg

New Fargo October 12th.

Preview looked good!

Mr. Robot actually went there - they used a cover of the Pixies song that plays at the end of Fight Club.

I guess if you're in your early 20's today, Fight Club qualifies as an oldie, and ripping it off is seen as an homage?

I feel old.

:facepalm:

I did enjoy that but yeah feeling old as hell. Also made me miss Camiballs a lot.

We are old.

That's a great song. Brought me back.

Kill the Messenger (2014) is a pretty good movie of maybe the "hidden gem" variety.

I mean it's not a nice movie. It's not a feel-good movie. If you are prone to being infuriated, it will do that.

But it's well-done.

7.6 out of 10.

kill_the_messenger_2014_movie-1920x1080.jpg

Into the Woods (2014) - I know we have had people here who are anti-musical, but I am definitely not that. I have room on my roster for musicals and regularly try out ones that are new to me.

This one was bad. I was startled at how bad the music is. The plot was ridiculous. The theme was all over the place. Attempted humor fell flat. The ending was a barfable attempted manipulation.

The acting was pretty good. Much as I love Meryl Streep, I think I would have skipped the Oscar nom on this one, but she and most were good. The singing was good. I felt like there was a lot of auto-tune at work and the females all sounded the same but they were on key anyway and I dunno.

Bottom line: contrived, uninspired start-to-finish. Plenny wincing and eye-rolling from me.

3.4 out of 10.

Here, lookit all the terribly interesting fairy tale people - and not even counting John Depp in his highly amusing turn as the wolf.

into-the-woods-1.jpg

And I see next in my queue: Saturday Night Fever. Never seen it.

I'm not actually sure if it's a musical or not. I'm thinking not. I know the soundtrack was spectacularly popular in its time but I don't think it's a musical per se.

Guess I'm about to find out.

seems like "where is my mind" has been in many movies/tv shows.. i could be wrong, because they play it on a few of my fav XM stations all the time, but it seems like its been around.. and yes, im waaaaay too lazy to put in the effort to google that shit

And I see next in my queue: Saturday Night Fever. Never seen it.

I'm not actually sure if it's a musical or not. I'm thinking not. I know the soundtrack was spectacularly popular in its time but I don't think it's a musical per se.

Guess I'm about to find out.

It's not a musical.

I always liked it. I know it's not known as a sad movie but I always thought it was.

Tell me if you agree.