Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been slacking fellas.

O Brother Where Art Thou
- I saw this years ago and remember it just being meh. Never been a big fan of the Coen Brothers' films. This time around was about the same deal. George Clooney is his usual fantastic self. Music was pretty spectacular...probably worth buying the soundtrack. Why do the Coen Bros. put John Goodman in everything? He's horrible.

The Orphan - Another Robyn special cookie cutter horror flick. She loves these things. Just dumb, dumb, dumb. And I enjoy a good suspenseful horror movie, and even some gory ones from time to time....but I DESPISE the ones that simply resort to blasting loud, sudden noises at you 50 times per film. Fuck off.

Been knocking out more of The Wire. On Season 2 right now. Good stuff, but from all the reviews I've heard, I'm still waiting for it to really blow up :popcorn:

The Wire is the shit. Season 2 is the slowest season, but Seasons 3-5 are gold.

Thanks Herman. That's why I'm sticking around!

I just finished watching the HBO miniseries The Pacific, checking out Band of Brothers next.

Band of brothers was alllright.....For me, wasn't that great.

I liked Band of Brothers a lot when I saw it several years back. I was just saying the other day how I think it's about time to see it again.

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine last night. It just came out on DVD. It's kind of cute I guess. Amusing. I saw a few critics getting very enthusiastic about it but I'm not there. But I give it a mild rental recommendation. 5.3 out of 10.

The Book of Eli - pseudo-religious hoakum with a weak attempt at a Shyamalan ending. The production values are pretty good and I love Gary Oldman and Denzel too, but I definitely don't recommend it. 4 out of 10.

Valentine's Day - A bunch of lovey dovey stuff thrown into a blender. It has a few thoughtful moments but again, I don't recommend it. 3.5 out of 10.

The Wire is the shit. Season 2 is the slowest season, but Seasons 3-5 are gold.

:clueless: Season 2 was my favorite. I don't know that any season is "slower" than the other.

And I don't know that it's ever going to "blow up" the way you expect Breadipoo. IMO the show's greatness was mostly in the dialogue and the super-duper-extensive character development.

Surprised to hear you didn't like O Brother that much. It's probably in my top, I dunno, 25 of all-time. Clooney, the music, the crazy journey, the cartoony 1930's ambiance, I thought it was all brilliant.

And Herman, I think you're gonna be disappointed by Band of Brothers if you just watched The Pacific. The latter was a lot superior IMO.

The Muddy Index:

Funny People 5.1
Hot Tub Time Machine 5.3

Got it!

Funny People was scientifically measured to be a 6.9 on the really strict IMDB scale. So it's not like it's really up for debate.

:mudcat:

:clueless: Season 2 was my favorite. I don't know that any season is "slower" than the other.

And I don't know that it's ever going to "blow up" the way you expect Breadipoo. IMO the show's greatness was mostly in the dialogue and the super-duper-extensive character development.

Surprised to hear you didn't like O Brother that much. It's probably in my top, I dunno, 25 of all-time. Clooney, the music, the crazy journey, the cartoony 1930's ambiance, I thought it was all brilliant.

And Herman, I think you're gonna be disappointed by Band of Brothers if you just watched The Pacific. The latter was a lot superior IMO.

Hmmm...everyone I've talked too liked Band of Brothers more.

In terms of Season 2, I think it's the slowest because you have a completely new set of characters so it was confusing the first time I watched it. I like season 2 in terms of re-watching, but during my initial viewing I was confused as to why this whole new, random storyline popped up.

My Wire season rankings go 3,4,1,5,2

Hmmm...everyone I've talked too liked Band of Brothers more.

In terms of Season 2, I think it's the slowest because you have a completely new set of characters so it was confusing the first time I watched it. I like season 2 in terms of re-watching, but during my initial viewing I was confused as to why this whole new, random storyline popped up.

Re: Band of Brothers, stop hanging out with idiots.

You're right about Season 2 of The Wire, it was confusing at first. I loved the 3 Sobotka characters though and I thought that the end of the season was quite gripping.

I'm just glad that Omar keeps making appearances throughout this entire scandal on the docks storyline. Omar is the best, and Robyn and I will be saddened when he finally meets his ultimate destiny.

omar-the-wire.jpg

Re: Band of Brothers, stop hanging out with idiots.

You're right about Season 2 of The Wire, it was confusing at first. I loved the 3 Sobotka characters though and I thought that the end of the season was quite gripping.

Guess who my favorite Sobotka is??????????

NICKAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omar is classic and pro. Definitely one of the top characters. He's sort of the comic relief at times, on top of being a complete badass.

Funny People was scientifically measured to be a 6.9 on the really strict IMDB scale. So it's not like it's really up for debate.

:mudcat:

Hot Tub Time Machine is 7.0 at imdb so my slight favoring of it is in line with the hordes, although on a different Bell Curve.

I wonder which movie rating of mine strays furthest from the hordes.

I'll open the bidding with Moulin Rouge.

imdb rating = 7.7 out of 10.

Mudcat rating - 1 out of 10.

I liked Moulin Rouge. This was my favorite scene/song :guitar:

8.3 Loaves! :toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:
toast-1.gif

taking the summer off from DVD's, saving the wire seasons 3-5 for winter, and sopranos season 3 for the winter....

say toy story 3 at the theater the other day... I've been a big fan of the toy story movies, and this one seemed to be on par with the others... 7.5/10 rating from me

Archie shouldn't you be on SBR worrying about the points program? Get back over there before they ban you from it...