Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 60,312 Views
I am not a fan of the overpowered crotch rocket. Love the sound and power but at 53 I am a cruiser with hopefully some good power with S@S engine and some loud pipes. Not this summer, maybe, but may start building in fall if the money is there. My buddy keeps bugging me. Just put a furnace in his garage and is dying to help me build one. A lot cheaper that way, although I could not do it myself.

I am not a fan of the overpowered crotch rocket. Love the sound and power but at 53 I am a cruiser with hopefully some good power with S@S engine and some loud pipes. Not this summer, maybe, but may start building in fall if the money is there. My buddy keeps bugging me. Just put a furnace in his garage and is dying to help me build one. A lot cheaper that way, although I could not do it myself.

Both my neighbors have cruisers. Good bikes but they are too slow for my liking. Engines sound great but they take forever to pass when we go on trips and a split second could be the difference between life and death when you need the extra power.

Alright, you guys convinced me. I'm going for a ride.

Short ride. Didn't feel like wearing a helmet and my face got cold.

Helmets are stupid, I'd rather not wear mine.

I might take my beast out in the next week or two..

You will wish for a helmet when you get stung by a bee or get shut by a bird on your head/face

I wore a helmet more than half the time. Comes from riding as a kid. If it was a night out with my lady then maybe no helmet but most of the time I wear either a 3/4 or 1/2.

I can't fathom going 60mph without a helmet. Your face is gonna get sandblasted by bugs and dust.

Just came back from the bike show. Sat my ass on every fokken bike available. I want all these:

HD Street Bob
Kawasaki Z1000
BMW S1000R
MV Agusta Brutale 800
Triumph Thunderbird Storm
Triumph Street Triple R
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

That's all.

I can't fathom going 60mph without a helmet. Your face is gonna get sandblasted by bugs and dust.

Just came back from the bike show. Sat my ass on every fokken bike available. I want all these:

HD Street Bob
Kawasaki Z1000
BMW S1000R
MV Agusta Brutale 800
Triumph Thunderbird Storm
Triumph Street Triple R
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

That's all.

You don't get sandblasted when you have a proper windshield. I usually wear a helmet on the highway, though.

Nice list.

give me the BMW

I'm in love with it. Signed up for a test ride (no way I can afford it this year, I just wanna ride it.)

That's my fat ass on it.

5pCrWFo.jpg

Tshirt weather today.

Strange noise still coming from the rear wheel. I'd better get that checked out, I'm not in the mood to do it myself. I'd imaging having the thing seize up would be a pretty bad experience.

is it your birthday today Mr. X?

If so - happy birthday!

If not - hi!

is it your birthday today Mr. X?

If so - happy birthday!

If not - hi!

Hi, kato!

It's my birthday tomorrow.