Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 60,308 Views
5 canadian degrees this Friday

we're going for our first ride of 2014

we're giddy

:depom:

Plus, Toronto Motorcycle Show this weekend, we're going with Joe Rain.

:depom::depom:

5 canadian degrees this Friday

we're going for our first ride of 2014

we're giddy

:moped: :depom:

I think I might have fucked up a bearing or something by riding for a bit with my chain too tight. There's an unsettling sound happening when I accelerate.

Might've damaged the sprockets?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Glad to see some motorcycle aficionado's here. Road since I was 6 and sold my last bike, Goldwing, when my first son was born. When the money is right I have a friend that builds Harley's and I will pick out all the stuff I need and get building and back on two wheels. Sure do miss it. Was very fortunate to know a cop who started a little club for underprivileged kids when I was a squirt and he would invite me and they had a track behind the cop shop and a bunch of auto little Honda 50's and 90's. Would go a couple times a week until my dad bought my first dirt bike. It was off from there. Enjoy and be safe.

What do you guys ride? Must be tough in Canada with limited summer and a lot of cold riding.

Glad to see some motorcycle aficionado's here. Road since I was 6 and sold my last bike, Goldwing, when my first son was born. When the money is right I have a friend that builds Harley's and I will pick out all the stuff I need and get building and back on two wheels. Sure do miss it. Was very fortunate to know a cop who started a little club for underprivileged kids when I was a squirt and he would invite me and they had a track behind the cop shop and a bunch of auto little Honda 50's and 90's. Would go a couple times a week until my dad bought my first dirt bike. It was off from there. Enjoy and be safe.

:highfive:

Not a big fan of cruisers and GW's but I might end up getting something like a Sportster 1200 Custom. My knees kill me after a couple of hours of touring on that thing.

I've got a Suzuki Vstrom-1000.

Couldn't be happier with it.

Sportsters are a very tough ride and entry level Harley. Look for something like a Road king used as they hold their value. Got some muscle and some easy riding.

What do you guys ride? Must be tough in Canada with limited summer and a lot of cold riding.

It's fine as long as it's above 40F or so, I have thick winter gloves. I bought this old 1985 Yamaha FJ600 as my first bike last fall. Insurance is stupid expensive as a new rider so I'll keep riding it until the wheels fall off. No idea what my next ride will be. Going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show in a bit to help me decide.

Had a suzuki dirt bike but was little light for me at the time. Beat the crap out of that one. Kawi was my bike of choice for the dirt. Always has cruisers for the comfort because I had beat myself up on the dirt and track too often as a kid. Sounds like you guys are pretty serious. Thats awesome. Gonna look up that Vstrom.

Rode it 200 miles yesterday through the Georgia mountains. A little cool in the valleys but she climbed up and took the turns like a warrior. Approaching 30,000 miles and still roaring like a mountain lion. Couldn't be happier!