• Replies 185 Comments
  • Views 12,109 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
From what I hear, this is going to be the biggest money fight of all time in terms of box office and PPV and pretty much any way it can be measured. I read somewhere they will be splitting 200 million bucks. Fokken berserk.

May 2, 2015 from the MGM Grand, Las Vegas. I'll copy/paste this next bit: Title(s) on the line Unified WBA (Super), WBC, WBO and The Ring Welterweight title

:dunno:

This may be my only post in this thread. I have no interest and doubt I would watch if it was on free TV. If it was happening on my front yard, I would close the drapes. A few years ago, sure. But hasn't Pacquiao lost about 14 times now? Isn't Mayweather in the AARP?

Okay it's unlikely that this is my only post in this thread.

It could have been so much bigger 5 years ago. Hard to believe it's still the biggest fight in history at this point.

Floyd wins a snoozer.

i am hoping that the pacman will pressure wifebeater and make him uncomfortable.

however - age is not on the side of the filipino

wwheng

^^^mayweather is older... also, bigger and stronger now... dunno if that means he will throw more or harder punches, but he will still be able to counter right, all night long ... pac will pressure till may tags him at will and get pac thinking about the brutal concussion JMM gave him when he knocked him out cold...then it might get boring

will be a dancing of the stars episode with mayweather winning by decision... regardless if i have people over, ill rent it for dad to watch on the big tv...99 bucks i think i say...streaming is out of the question for him and his eyesight

I will chip in $25 toward the PPV. $25 plus a bottle of bourbon is a cheap Saturday night.

Thanks for starting the thread, Mudcat.

I feel like this is the last thing. Is there anything else in the pipeline at all boxing-wise? I guess maybe any number of rematches but other than that?

It's weird how boxing is so marginalized in today's sporting landscape.

But then this which is the biggest thing in the history of the universe.

Indeed he is which I guess is why all those alphabetical titles are on the line. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume they are all his.

Mayweather is 47-0 with 26 KO's

Pacman is 57-5-2 with 38 KO's

I actually saw him fight live once. Maybe 10 years ago, guy must be the greatest ever with that kind of record :clapper:

I actually saw him fight live once.

I saw Mayweather v Castillo I @ MGM.

Mayweather "won" a unanimous decision. I put that in quotes because the fact it wasn't at least a split decision was a crime (Lederman scored the fight 115-111 Castillo.

lederman is a well known mayweather hater and a complete fucktard...

ive watched it a handful of times... 115-111 every time... lederman and his bullshit is the reason for the controversy ... it was a clear win, IMO..

reno, most critics and boxing gurus dont give mayweather a chance to beat guys like robinson, leonard, hagler, hearns or duran ... i dont agree , but the level of competition mayweather has fought (and at the times in their life they fought him) is nowhere near as good as the battles involving leonard/hag/duran/hearns .. i would have loved to see him get involved with those 4 during their primes...

Modern boxers are a lot more careful about their progression/opposition for sure. That probably explains - in part - why boxing has become a niche sport. The fights that should happen rarely do.

Who's heavyweight champion nowadays? Do they even have heavyweights?

Wlad Klitschko is, but he fights twice a year at best.

Ex-NBA player cut by Philippines team after insulting Manny Pacquiao

Daniel Orton may think that Manny Pacquiao's status as a player/coach in the Philippine Basketball Assn. is a joke, but the former NBA player quickly learned that the boxing great's status in that country is no joke.

Orton was released from the PBA's Purefoods Star Hotshots late last week soon after he made remarks questioning Pacquiao's basketball abilities.

Everyone is angry at him... it is like he went to the United States and insulted the name of Martin Luther King - Purefoods top administrator Rene Pardo

"Professional boxer? Yeah. Congressman? All right. But professional basketball player? Seriously? It's a joke," Orton said after the Hotshots' upset loss to Pacquiao's Kia Carnival on Feb. 18.

Orton was released by Purefoods after only three games with the team.

Orton's comment about Pacquiao was part of a larger rant about the officiating during the game, which the 2010 first-round pick of the Orlando Magic deemed "a mockery."

During the game Pacquiao played 4 minutes, 39 seconds off the bench and went 0 for 2 from the floor. But Pacquiao also went 1 for 2 from the free-throw line to score his first-ever PBA point.

Orton was fined $5,650 by the PBA for his comments.

"This office disapproves of and frowns upon the cavalier manner in which Mr. Orton issued his comments and the unwarranted antics and liberties he has taken with the league and a fellow player," PBA commissioner Chito Salud said. "This insulting behavior will never be condoned by the league."

Orton, who also played for Oklahoma City and Philadelphia during his three-year NBA stint, tweeted on Monday: "I thank God for my time in the Philippines and thank Purefoods for everything. I wish the team the best of luck this conference!! God Bless!"

Pacquiao, who is scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in Las Vegas on May 2, went scoreless in 6 1/2 minutes played during Kia's 106-103 win over Talk 'N Text on Wednesday.