Matty Rain's 2024 MLB Betting Thread

Let's make some fokkin money Shorty

Rockies reliever Anthony Molina leaves the game with a 162.00 ERA and. A 21.00 WHIP :rofl:

Opening Day Wagers Recap:

LAA +155 (Sandoval/Burnes) :redx:
NYY +130 (Cortez/Valdes) :greencheck:
PIT +115 (Keller/Luzardo) :greencheck:
BOS +150 (Bello/Castillo) :greencheck:
CHW +150 (Skubal/Crochet) :redx:
ARI -235 (Freeland/Gallen) :greencheck:

4-2-0, +2.95 units, $1029.50

:cripwalk:

New unit amount is $10.30

March 29

TOR +110 (Bassitt/Civale)
NYY +105 (Rodón/Javier)
ARI -215 (Quantrill/Kelly)
OAK +126 (Allen/Stripling)

I may have more this AM. I'm driving to Quebec later so will not be here to stress over every pitch. 😝

May all your wagers be successful today, gentlemen. ⚾🤘🤑

Last edited:
Congrats on a nice day one Matty!

Small request, can you add something like this:

4-2-0, +2.95 units (+$29.50), $1029.50
So we can see the +/- $ on the day? Since units are dynamic I feel like that'll be hard to keep track of. Not necessary, just a thought!

Sure. Assuming I have a profitable season it'll show the compounding effect of using "dynamic staking".

Adding

SEA -145 (Pivetta/Kirby)

Matty, also Bringing Sports Back to GL! :clap:
yeahbuddy

I miss the golden era when we used to post about daily meals and TP rolls.

Good grief.

Go Sports?

March 30

CHW +120 (Maeda/Soroka)
PHI +115 (Fried/Nola)

Matty, what ignited the fire in you to start capping MLB kind of out of the blue?

Combination of things. Unemployment means I'm getting paid to fuck around on the computer, but honestly the main thing is that I had a conversation with my brother in law who plays poker and he's very skeptical of sports betting in general, and he doubts that I can make money at it. I want to prove him wrong. His (understandable) stance is that if I was making money with it back in the day I would still be doing it. Which is a fair point, except that it was never the betting that was the issue for me, it was the er, extracurriculars. :spinner:

Why MLB in particular? Because my unprofitable MLB past has been bugging me for a long time, and there's tons of free MLB data available. I also want to do a hockey model but the equivalent data is paywalled. I'll probably work on an NHL model for next season, but I still need to research a few topics first.

Last edited:
Adding

SEA -145 (Pivetta/Kirby) :greencheck:
4-2-0, +2.95 units, $1029.50

:cripwalk:

New unit amount is $10.30

March 29

TOR +110 (Bassitt/Civale) :redx:
NYY +105 (Rodón/Javier) :greencheck:
ARI -215 (Quantrill/Kelly) :greencheck:
OAK +126 (Allen/Stripling) :redx:

I may have more this AM. I'm driving to Quebec later so will not be here to stress over every pitch. 😝

May all your wagers be successful today, gentlemen. ⚾🤘🤑
3-2 +1.05u (+$10.82) today

7-4-0, +4.00u, $1,040.32 YTD

Still using $10.30 as the unit for March 30 since I started betting before tonight's games were settled.

7-4-0, +4.00u, $1,040.32 YTD

March 30 ($10.30 unit)

CHW +120 (Maeda/Soroka)
PHI +115 (Fried/Nola)
TOR +110 (Kikuchi/Littell)
ARI -170 (Gomber/Henry)
STL +190 (Lynn/Yamamoto)

A's are close to being a play again, I would need +125 or so to officialize it. That would be it for today. :handshake:

Last edited:
Question for you Matty Rain.

Would it make sense to increase your bet size?

I would imagine the main reason to have a conservative 1% unit size would be to withstand the ups and downs of a long season.

But if you are adjusting unit sizes every day, that would never be an issue, as you'd be downsizing through cold streaks anyway.

Just a thought!