• Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 3,330 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Your most recent posts indicate that your English writing skills have reached the "acceptable" level.

Which online translation program did you use to achieve this?

Haha. I use very little English, written or spoken, on a daily basis, so these forums are my main source of English vernacular. I steal words and sentences from y'all all the time. :thumbup:

Haha. I use very little English, written or spoken, on a daily basis, so these forums are my main source of English vernacular. I steal words and sentences from y'all all the time. :thumbup:

Really? Your english is better than 99% of the people on forums and shows a deep understanding of ironies and subtleties that would fly over the head of most who have English as their only language.

There are a lot of people I would feel a need to dumb things down for but not Matt Rain, ya big ole lummox.

Really? Your english is better than 99% of the people on forums and shows a deep understanding of ironies and subtleties that would fly over the head of most who have English as their only language.

There are a lot of people I would feel a need to dumb things down for but not Matt Rain, ya big ole lummox.

Muddy, Matty and I are counting on you to drive us to the Airport in your Chevrolet when we head to Cuba.

I hope you don't let us down.

Muddy, Matty and I are counting on you to drive us to the Airport in your Chevrolet when we head to Cuba.

Plommer, you just committed an American-make faux pas right there. You see, everybody knows that the Impala is so well-known that it could never be referred to as merely a "Chevy." An Impala has a huge tradition to live up to, and while the current chassis style does a piss-poor job of that, you can never forget what a masterpiece the true Impala was.

4866448_1967_Chevrolet_Impala.JPG

As it turns out, yes, I have a car.

How did you know?

As it turns out, yes, I have a car.

How did you know?
I even know your cars name, you call her Jenny, she's like a girlfriend to you.

PS: You will drive alone.

Scholar is a Chicano? :clueless:

Nah, just a devotee of classic American cars. I enjoy working on cars, and new cars aren't made to be worked on at home. Next ride I buy is gonna have an engine comaprtment large enough that I can open the hood and sit on the fender well while I tinker.

I even know your cars name, you call her Jenny, she's like a girlfriend to you.

PS: You will drive alone.

Sometimes there is nothing to do except tip your cap and say, "Well crushed sir." :hattip:

Thank you Muddy. To be fair, I did spend the better part of the last decade working as an English-to-French translator, so I got exposed to a shitload of corporate and technical English. But as far as expressing myself in the language of Don Cherry, it's still very new to me.

Speaking of which, I have yet to decide if I'm going to join Team About or Team Aboot. I will consider rational arguments from both sides.

So, are you moving to Toronto or what?

Just waiting for Corporate Canada to make a formal offer. Will let you know as soon as it's official so you guys can prepare the parade.

:guitar::pink2::drag::canada::dance: