• Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 308 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been thinking a lot lately what the fuck is the point of xyz? What the hell am I suppose to be doing in life? I have friends, I have family, I have a bed to sleep in, food in the fridge, I’ve gotten laid in the last week. But there’s got to be more, does that make me greedy? Who’s the asshole playing me in this video game of life. Am I a character in some cosmos version of dungeons and dragons. I think I need to branch out more try knew things, try and find my purpose. Maybe there is no purpose. I think I need to volunteer.

I’m sure more exercise, more meditation, and quality sleep would help but even then and when I have had that in the past I’ve still wondered who I am other than I am.

Have you read the book with the exact title of this thread? It's a good one.

And to answer your question; there is no meaning. This is all just pointless randomness. One of the best quotes I ever heard on the matter was that "the universe doesn't owe you an explanation."

We have all of these questions that we believe there should be some divine answer to, but there isn't one. Things live and die, meaningless grains in the infinite sands of time. And leading theory goes that the universe will eventually suffer heat death and all of infinity will be nothingness. As we were before we were born and will be again in the blink of an eye, infinite nothingness.

Fun huh?

There is none. Stop searching. Or don't. It doesn't matter.
Okay, I’m going to take a contrarian viewpoint.

Keep searching, but just don’t take what you’re searching for so literal. Dont expect an answer. Don’t expect a revelation, but keep searching.

It’s a lot better than staying stagnant and not living life as you exist.

Lots of people turn to religion looking for an answer,I find mine at the bottom of a bottle

@tullamore

kato feels that you need to find more fulfillment.

i sense frustration and pain.

go volunteer.