Living life Television free. Anyone else?

• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 2,250 Views

xpansive

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
3 days in and im thinking this was a very +EV move on my behalf.

Yeah its daunting taking something away from you that you've been exposed to your entire life but there have already been several things I've learnt from doing this.

1. Televison made me eat more.
Was always easy after a hard day at work to simply grab some snacks/beer and sit in front of the idiot box and veg out for a while.
Turns out that alternative activities such as exercise, re-designing the home or making food from scratch can be quite fun

2. Television restricts critical thinking.
So thats why i sometimes found myself yelling at the box after having to endure the views of 'social commentators'.
Who decides how perceptively non-critical some of these people are?? In short, TV can be so frustrating and is a travesty to productive human intelligence.

3. Family relationships
Have already found myself becoming closer to those i love the most. No longer am i wondering how Michael from burn notice will get out of this weeks hole to become the good guy once again. Instead, family and close friends are being lavished with a-lot more quality attention.

I know a few of you will think im weird for doing and thats cool. I only say to try it for yourself before casting judgement on others.

Will report back in couple of weeks with an update of a TV free lifestyle. GL everyone

xpy you beautiful fokken hipster

admirable pursuit

i just don't care for people all that much

but good on you sir

I've tried to cut the cord for cheapness reasons. Was gonna switch to digital antena (basically networks only). But the two times I called they enticed me with cutting my bill. Now pay 89 for cable (no premium) on one tv and 15/5 fiber optic internet...

Good on you tho, i'm envious.

BTW I disagree very much with 2.

TV can be a strong tool to form critical thinking

Shit starts with you xpy, you're not suddenly gonna grow into a thinker after you stop watching Springer marathons.

BTW I disagree very much with 2.

TV can be a strong tool to form critical thinking

Shit starts with you xpy, you're not suddenly gonna grow into a thinker after you stop watching Springer marathons.
Ty Guys.

Matty you are correct. Should have said that network TV fits within 1st post parameters.

Government funded TV can be quite informative and educational but still robs the viewer of time itself (even if it is self imposed).

Boner, you need to explain to the network that there's nothing they can say that will change your mind. If they go on after that then explain to them 'enough with the verbal rape please'.

Has a 100% strike rate with this guy.

How do you get sports?
The net has any sport i need to want to watch.

If i really want to watch the game on the big screen then there's always a big screen at anyone of friends house. Otherwise the 21" laptop screen is quite adequate for this purpose.

Good luck! Amish don't have TV and they are alive and well.

I did this from March to September of last year xp. I moved and didn't buy any furniture or tv. Not a huge tv person so not much change for me. Also my internet really sucked, almost dial up like, and basically couldn't stream anything. I just watched games by odds movement if I didn't go out.

Go without TV and the Internet and I think you'll be on to something, xpy.

And I don't think you're crazy at all.

God bless.

I did this from March to September of last year xp. I moved and didn't buy any furniture or tv. Not a huge tv person so not much change for me. Also my internet really sucked, almost dial up like, and basically couldn't stream anything. I just watched games by odds movement if I didn't go out.
Dial-up is painful mate.

Already getting alot more accomplished and already there's a sereneness (of soughts) that didnt exist prior.

Upon reflection is surprising to see how much time we spend watching the tube without giving it a 2nd thought.
Go without TV and the Internet and I think you'll be on to something, xpy.

And I don't think you're crazy at all.

God bless.
Thanks Daffy but going completely 'off the grid' means no more posting.

Im tempted though. Imagine no more net, tv and phone. Only a pager for emergencies.

I have to admit, it can be nice to turn on the tube at the end of the day and escape the daily stresses and worries of life.
I personally only watch tv in the evenings with Steve and on the weekends if we aren't out and about.

Im tempted though. Imagine no more net, tv and phone. Only a pager for emergencies.

Da fok would you masturbate to. They don't send out Victoria's Secret catalogues anymore.

Yes they do Cami gets them (I think) Cami isn't there one on the floor in that back room

How recent is that, I've got Matty beat here

:fok: Last one I got was last Christmas. Used to get one every week.

What # do I call to update my contact info?

For the love of Mini Matty. :choke:

I have no clue to be honest. Just go to Sheetz, Uni-Mart, or where ever and buy a playboy. Problem solved. Your welcome.