Living life Television free. Anyone else?

• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 2,280 Views
I have very little time for TV. What free time I have is usually dedicated to burying posters at peeps place, covers, SBR etc.

You know, constructive stuff and shit.

I also spend a lot if time on my receding hairline and unclogging my toilets.

Maybe the hair loss is clogging the toilets!!!

:boxcleanersdaddy:

Some people call working "free time" apparently. Have you ever bet for a living, Daft?

Some people also try to bury posters but fail miserably. Not everyone can do it. Don't quit your day job "and shit."

1 week in and to be honest the only time i'm still noticing its absence is when i get home from work. Im sure this will change though with habitualization.

Things i have taken from this thus far (in order from most to least important):

1. MORE TIME. With TV no longer being a option all of a sudden a tonne of leisure time has opened up from which my nieces have thus far been the primary recipients of said attention. May even finally commit to a lady who's heart I've held for a LONG time too.

2.NO MORE COMMERCIALS. Have noticed that with less advertising exposure i all of a sudden want or 'need' less stuff. Gone is the repetitious feeling of self deprivation that TV marketers subliminally heap upon the consumer. Amazing how that works.

3. FREES UP SPACE IN THE HOUSE. Gone is the 12 foot entertainment unit that enclosed big screen and stereo system. After a quick redesign in its place now hangs prints that previously had no room for.

4. ANYONE ELSE KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES?? Who is Kim Kardashian again?? Joke aside im slowly beginning to forget the social trends of popular culture which previously had alot of exposure to but that i hope will have no influence on my decisions as a consumer moving forward.

So tempted to experiment with fully going off the grid for a while (no internet phone, net or TV) if only to see if it could be done successfully in today's world.

That's all for now. Fantastic to see that i'm not alone in thinking here people. Good stuff :guitar:

couldnt live without internet or phone... theoretically , i can watch anything on the computer, so its not exactly like doing away with TV, imo... dunno why i would even want to try this :dunno: ... good luck finding stuff to do if you go this route, xp...i know i would hate it after a day