• Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 4,200 Views

Emmi

Don't forget to catch me
Since
Sep 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
You were one of the Chilean miners and just got rescued from underground. Let us also assume you don't have to be hospitalized and are well, physically. What would be one of the first things you do after returning home?

Take a shower.

yap and then a piece of ass... i was going to say get a stiff fucking drink, but i assume that since they got food to them, they might have gotten some booze to them too...

Can we assume that you have a cock emmi? If we can than i will assume that i would log in to my 5dimes account and fire away at a 12:30 hawaii football 2h late night chaser.

ALL IN

Can we assume that you have a cock emmi? If we can than i will assume that i would log in to my 5dimes account and fire away at a 12:30 hawaii football 2h late night chaser.

ALL IN

be gentle with emmi dammit.

emmi- great question. i would do interviews and try to pimp the fame.

can we assume that this story is not as cool as it is being made out to be. Can we assume that while it is a nice story it does not merit wall to wall coverage for 72 straight hours. Can we assume that people are jumping the gun just a bit by calling these dudes "international heros".

be gentle with emmi dammit.

emmi- great question. i would do interviews and try to pimp the fame.

So if the person you are talking to has a penis you can truck driver mouth but if they have a vagina this is not cool.

1. I don't condone your 12th century thinking.
2. It's the internet not real life not a big deal really.

So if the person you are talking to has a penis you can truck driver mouth but if they have a vagina this is not cool.

1. I don't condone your 12th century thinking.
2. It's the internet not real life not a big deal really.

no...she is newish here

can we assume that this story is not as cool as it is being made out to be. Can we assume that while it is a nice story it does not merit wall to wall coverage for 72 straight hours. Can we assume that people are jumping the gun just a bit by calling these dudes "international heros".

I haven't turned on the tv today, but couldn't escape this story. Some guy in the elevator was talking about it.

Never used to hear much about mining accidents. Now, every few weeks. Why? I doubt that there are more accidents now than before. I think it's a distinct and deliberate shift in programming towards excessive hype, drama and sensationalism. The elites think the public are a bunch of idiots and they like to make sure, by bombarding us with constant garbage. Plus, they don't have to spend any money on real journalism. It's a win win for these fucks.

I haven't turned on the tv today, but couldn't escape this story. Some guy in the elevator was talking about it.

Never used to hear much about mining accidents. Now, every few weeks. Why? I doubt that there are more accidents now than before. I think it's a distinct and deliberate shift in programming towards excessive hype, drama and sensationalism. The elites think the public are a bunch of idiots and they like to make sure, by bombarding us with constant garbage. Plus, they don't have to spend any money on real journalism. It's a win win for these fucks.

Yup. That's why I watch about 12 minutes of TV a day other than sports.

I think it shows us again how badly we are in need of heroes. Is it the media that feeds this desire of ours or do we truly need reassurance that good and right things still happen to ordinary people in this world so we keep on going and hoping for good things to happen in our little lives?
Shyamalan plays with that thought in his movies (Unbreakable, Lady in the Water) and we watch them because they make us feel good. The weak bookworm who attempts to be a writer becomes a savior for the whole apartment complex. An unfaithful husband who feels miserable around his wife discovers he has magical powers and uses them for the better and not for the worse thus redefining himself. We dig stories like that. We wait for something extraordinary to happen in our lives. We want to feel how those miners feel probably right this second.

Don't include me in the "we" that you are talking about there. I don't need that. I don't need reassurance that good and right things happen to ordinary people. I honestly could care less. As I said previously, while I think it is great that these guys are coming out safe and sound....the coverage is so freaking overkill.

If you look at it objectively it really is uninteresting. They lived underground for almost 70 days...big deal. Why in the world does that make them heros? What did they do? Oh yeah...they gave us "hope"....what a bunch of bullshit.

Hope and a hero is a guy that grows up with no arms and legs and gives motivational speeches. A hero is someone that came from poverty and worked themselves to be a CEO of large company. A hero is not someone that just merely stays alive underground because they have no other choice.

Don't include me in the "we" that you are talking about there. I don't need that. I don't need reassurance that good and right things happen to ordinary people. I honestly could care less. As I said previously, while I think it is great that these guys are coming out safe and sound....the coverage is so freaking overkill.

If you look at it objectively it really is uninteresting. They lived underground for almost 70 days...big deal. Why in the world does that make them heros? What did they do? Oh yeah...they gave us "hope"....what a bunch of bullshit.

Hope and a hero is a guy that grows up with no arms and legs and gives motivational speeches. A hero is someone that came from poverty and worked themselves to be a CEO of large company. A hero is not someone that just merely stays alive underground because they have no other choice.

You seem to be more confident in who you are than most people then. This is how a religion is born. People have this dire need to cling on to someone, or hope itself. I did not try to include anyone in particular,; honestly, I did not even include me when I referred to "we" earlier. But masses are easily manipulated this way, or do you disagree?

You seem to be more confident in who you are than most people then. This is how a religion is born. People have this dire need to cling on to someone, or hope itself. I did not try to include anyone in particular,; honestly, I did not even include me when I referred to "we" earlier. But masses are easily manipulated this way, or do you disagree?

Absolutely masses are manipulated easily. People are sheep...sad but true.

First thing I would do is get on the horn to every single person I know that is remotely connected to put my name at the top of the list for a tell all book, tv special, movie, whatever. Second, I would get my hands on a copy of Rosetta Stone for English, since that is the market that is gonna pay my ass for the rest of my life for "hollywoodizing" my story. Third, I would sit in my living-room with a beer, my loved ones, and enjoy the simple fact that I was alive.

First thing I would do is get on the horn to every single person I know that is remotely connected to put my name at the top of the list for a tell all book, tv special, movie, whatever. Second, I would get my hands on a copy of Rosetta Stone for English, since that is the market that is gonna pay my ass for the rest of my life for "hollywoodizing" my story. Third, I would sit in my living-room with a beer, my loved ones, and enjoy the simple fact that I was alive.

Sounds like a business-conscious decision. I am sure you would be on Oprah's couch within a week and make desperate stay-at-home moms teary-eyed; maybe they would even develop a little crush on this saved miner while feeding a two-year old or ironing their husbands' shirts. I don't want to sound harsh, by the way, I am thrilled those chaps made it out alive.