Lance Armstrong confesses steroid use

• Start date
  • Replies 61 Comments
  • Views 3,976 Views
I also care about medals. but records? why are you set on records?

I also care about medals. but records? why are you set on records?

I don't care about records. Just saying the purpose of the Olympics is to make money for the TV networks and they will push hard to have records broken to increase revenue. The only way to have records broken is with doping since most of the current records were achieved by doped athletes.

Lots of people care about records. It is an interesting little side thing. Fortunately for the networks it has minimal effect on viewership. Only 0.831%.

I thought you were just pulling that number out of your ass like Pavy was his 99%

No way. Such quantifiable metrics are always rounded to the 3rd decimal place.

0.831%. Widely-known figure.

Common reno.

AAedrgX.img

Ben Foster was deeply commited to playing Lance Armstrong in the upcoming movie, The Program. He didn't just dye his hair and pick up a Texas accent, he actually started taking performance-enhancing drugs to prepare for the role.

"I don't want to talk about the names of the drugs I took. Even discussing it feels tricky because it isn't something I'd recommend to fellow actors. These are very serious chemicals and they affect your body in real ways. For my own investigation it was important for me privately to understand it. And they work."

While Foster did admit they "helped" he also was quick to mention the negative effects in the interview:

Foster remarked that he "lost his (expletive) marbles. There's a fallout. Doping affects your mind. It doesn't make you feel high. There are behaviours when you've got those chemicals running through your body that serve you on the bike but which, when you're not ..." He shakes his head. "I've only just recovered physically. I'm only now getting my levels back."