Just a regular Sunday afternoon at the Gambol Station...

• Start date
  • Replies 26 Comments
  • Views 1,313 Views
He came down south to visit me in Orange County also.

I forgot, what was the route you did? northern cali san fran
Flew to Vegas, stayed at Luxor the first night and got my first video poker in, then I spent subsequent nights at Mandalay Bay, Bellagio and a few others (Binion's, Golden Nugget, and I think MGM Grand), I forget the exact order. While I was staying at Bellagio I did a day trip to The Grand Canyon and came back to my room around 2am. After a week I drove to Costa Mesa to spend time with Blitty, then I stayed a night in LA, then I made my way up the PCH and stayed in two oceanfront inns, one in Cambria and one in Monterey, then I went to San Francisco and had a pretty catastrophic meetup with RogueScholar :rofl:, then I drove back down to Vegas (inland this time, I think using the I5? Went through the desert and wine country) in time for the bash. I drove 3000 miles in 3 weeks total.

I was a bit self-conscious at the time for being on my own (I was originally supposed to do the trip with Joe Rain), but in hindsight the whole trip was extra epic because I didn't have to compromise with anyone and I just crammed my schedule with as much stuff as I could. Zero regrets, was the best trip of my life.

Last edited:
Oh wow, passed on Tool?

Tool is A, TA

Flew to Vegas, stayed at Luxor the first night and got my first video poker in, then I spent subsequent nights at Mandalay Bay, Bellagio and a few others (Binion's, Golden Nugget, and I think MGM Grand), I forget the exact order. While I was staying at Bellagio I did a day trip to The Grand Canyon and came back to my room around 2am. After a week I drove to Costa Mesa to spend time with Blitty, then I stayed a night in LA, then I made my way up the PCH and stayed in two oceanfront inns, one in Cambria and one in Monterey, then I went to San Francisco and had a pretty catastrophic meetup with RogueScholar :rofl:, then I drove back down to Vegas (inland this time, I think using the I5? Went through the desert and wine country) in time for the bash. I drove 3000 miles in 3 weeks total.

I was a bit self-conscious at the time for being on my own (I was originally supposed to do the trip with Joe Rain), but in hindsight the whole trip was extra epic because I didn't have to compromise with anyone and I just crammed my schedule with as much stuff as I could. Zero regrets, was the best trip of my life.
Very cool.

Please elaborate a little in catastrophic meet up with RogueScholar

I had tickets for us to go to Alcatraz the following day, but we went to a bar, got drunk then we smoked some of his weed, which was a big mistake. I don't smoke at all and his stuff was strong so I was completely fucked up. Ended up passing out in his hotel room cause I couldn't drive or generally function as a human being. The following day I tried to go back to my hotel to change, shower and eat before going to Alcatraz (which is a timed ticket, you can't be late for the ferry) but I was late. We ended up walking around SF, went to that Amoeba record store and some bar/restaurant whose name I forget. Was fine but awkward, I think we just didn't have much to talk about.

I did find it funny that a gay guy could be manlier than me, which he was/is. I'm one of the gayest straight guys I know.

I did the Alcatraz tour in the 90’s. T’was interesting. They say the inmates could hear people partying from the mainland from their cells on Friday and Saturday nights.