• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 591 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
When typing in the reply box at the bottom of a page on mobile the backspace key causes the entire keyboard to disappear and i have to reengaage the reply box to bring it back up. Im on android s10, probably whatever the most recent os is. Is it me or the forum?

you guys are obviously both doing something wrong. no problems here on my win 10 pc.

When I click on a thread it goes to the beginning sometime. Would prefer it always go to the end.

When typing in the reply box at the bottom of a page on mobile the backspace key causes the entire keyboard to disappear and i have to reengaage the reply box to bring it back up. Im on android s10, probably whatever the most recent os is. Is it me or the forum?
Yeah this is happening for me too.
It happens to me and has for some time

Yeah I know what you mean. It's an Android bug, more specifically a bug in Chrome Android Version 85 released last week. It's affecting many software around the net. The good thing is the Chrome developers are aware of it and working on a fix.

Here is the Chrome bug tracker for this issue: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1121179

As of yesterday it seems they got a fix, now it's just a matter of waiting for it to make it's way to release up channels.

It only affects Chrome so using another browser is a temporary fix. I will guess the next Chrome update fixes it.

When I click on a thread it goes to the beginning sometime. Would prefer it always go to the end.

Clicking on the timestamp on the right always sends you to the last post regardless if there's any unseen new posts or not.

ZOQdavr.jpg

If the thread title is bold it means there's new post(s) and clicking the title will take you to the newest unseen post.

If the thread title is not bold it means there's no new post and it will take you to the beginning.

On the desktop is the timestamp on the right, on mobile there's only one timestamp shown that will take you to the last post.

Clicking the time timestamp is what I always do when making a new post.

The fix is in yesterday's update.

Chrome version 85.0.4183.101 fixes this bug.

Chrome --> Three Menu Dots --> Settings --> About Chrome

tells you what version you're on. Play Store rolls out updates not all at the same time so some might get it in a day or two.