• Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 1,342 Views

Bay Bud

fat old guy
Since
May 4, 2011
Score
Tokens
...cole slaw. believe it to be a very underrated side dish or garnish. was enjoying some mighty fine fish tacos last night that included slaw for a topping, along with some mexican queso fresco. it's tough to beat good fish tacos on fresh corn tortillas with a spicy slaw. everyone should eat more cole slaw.

I like KFC's cole slaw, it's yummy. Cannot say I've done the fishTaco thing, but you got me thinkin on it now

Love Slaw and Fries on a Primanti Bros samich

you should create a cole slaw soup, fatcat

Coleslaw is good on Reuben. I avoid it at all summer BBQ's though. Never sure how long it has been sitting out.

Agreed Casper, the best on a Reuben.

Summer slaw:NO GOOD EVER COMES OF THAT.

I make it when I make pulled pork.

You have to salt that shit, yo.

I think slaw is fairly rated. People love the stuff in all varieties.

My GF's mother makes a good raw brussel sprout, broc, and dried cranberry slaw. Yummy.

slaw is lovely

blue cheese cole slaw w/ pulled sandwiches

asian cole slaw with tacos

I had only ever had regular slaw and the occasional carrot slaw but a couple years ago at a cookout here at work one of the guys made his family's version. Basically it's a regular lettuce and tomato salad but instead of lettuce he uses cabbage and calls it slaw.

When I was a kid KFC had the absolute best cole slaw of anyone. Not sure if it was just because I was a kid or if they changed the recipe but it's not the same anymore.

Bayer, you have the ability to take such a mundane and taken for granted subject such as cole slaw and get people to talk about it. Some might think you had a gift.

Can't imagine I would like or probably ever try a fish taco.

I don't know bout that bluechz slaw Kato....

And this a very random topic...nice Bay,
:ducky:

I only like dixie cole slaw. If it doesn't have that bite it just tastes like cabbage soaked in mayo.

hmmm, i've never put cheese in slaw before, will definitely have to try that.

as for the 'no slaw in summer' comments, i've made some before without using any mayo and it came out great. loosened/moistened it up with just some olive oil and red wine vinegar.

first time i ever had slaw on a sandwich was back when i was a young lad of 5 or so and traveling with my father while he checked on drilling rigs all over way-south texas. we would stop at this little roadside cafe near zapata, texas and get fried chicken and cole slaw. pop would cut the fried chicken off the bone and pile on the slaw between two pieces of white bread. i was reminded of those times years later when i enjoyed my first primanti's work of art.

Speaking of Primanti's Bay, First time I had cole slaw that I can remember was on a trip to pitt with the parents, it was at this place where they freekin pile EVERYTHING up on it....Primanti Brothers google it if you don't know what I'm talking about, but its the shit!