I really like this gas stove

• Start date
  • Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 258 Views
My friend’s owns the GE dealer where I live,so all my appliances are GE.Converted to gas last time I renovated the kitchen and got my first gas stove.Love it for cooking,far better than electric IMO the only problem is I have burnt myself numerous times grabbing the handle of a pot or frying pan as the flames flicker up the side of the pot making the handles red hot.
You will probably need to upgrade your exhaust fan if you buy that stove if you were on electric,looks like a beauty,if I see my friend this weekend I will ask him if there are any glitches with that particular model

@roguejuror do it my friend before they won’t be allowed any more. That or the tax on them will be large. MrsM hates her electric one.

Screenshot_20230203_095418_Chrome.jpg

Sister model doesn't score very highly on consumer reports. I'm on propane gas range and stove and looking forward to switching to electric stove and induction cooktop.

@roguejuror My friend said no real issues with that particular model,his saying to all customers is”You can expect 5 years from the appliance,3 if you’re unlucky,10 if you’re lucky.Lots of his customers complain about their appliances only lasting 3-5 years but we live in a disposable society,nothing is built to last anymore.

Wrong thread,should be in the gas stove section

All of my major kitchen appliances besides range hood have had serious issues in 5 or less years after purchase in late 2017. It's remarkable.

@roguejuror not sure if you bought this but my friend said that all appliances makers will be switching from a 1 year warranty to just 3 months very soon

I have all Frigidaire and Cuisinart appliances. I’m very happy with them…

@roguejuror not sure if you bought this but my friend said that all appliances makers will be switching from a 1 year warranty to just 3 months very soon
Not yet, waiting on landlord

Current one turns on by itself at times and sometimes refuses to turn off, I'm living dangerously boiling my beans Dingo :wah:

If you have a shut off going to the stove I would turn it off when not in use,that’s a dangerous situation

If you have a shut off going to the stove I would turn it off when not in use,that’s a dangerous situation
Current one is electric those induction kind, I unplug it

I just fixed my gas stove, again. The oven burner holes were all mangled from high heat and needed to be opened up. Just messed with the part since it's $100+ replacement.