I know I dont really need to say this.....

• Start date
  • Replies 41 Comments
  • Views 1,907 Views
I can understand wanting to make sure he is stable before telling him. But yeah, there is nothing that will stop that blow when he hears. That poor family.

And some jackass needs to rot in hell for stealing like that.

Sorry for your loss RR! And I hope thieves eventually get what's coming to them!

so last night i got to spend some time with jenn and a few other family members... they informed me that they havent told her father that his wife died in the wreck... while he has been in and out of it , due to all the operations, he was under the impression that his wife was in a room next to him... i dont know if i would have gone about it this way, its going to fucking crush him, but its what they chose to do... i guess so that he didnt have as much on his mind during his operations..

also, it appears that some shameless piece of fucking shit, apparently the first responders on the scene, have stolen her 5 carat diamond, worth around 75k, and her 20k tennis bracelet ... so they have the hounds out looking for the dick that did this... either the police, the ems or someone stopped by the wreck before the cops got there and had the balls to steal the shit while checking on them... its as fucked up as it gets... pawn shops have been alerted, as well as everyone in charge at the police stations/fire stations/ems etc. ... its not a case where they could have flown off of her... her hands/arms etc. never got a scratch and some other clues about how she was found lead to straight up theft...

I'm not sure when a good time is to tell him. I would probably talk to a counselor at the hospital about it with the family. The latter part about the missing jewelry, that just sucks. We're there any special engravings?

The big diamond is in a database.. Dunno bout the tennis bracelet... But probably...

They are going to tell him tomorrow..Viewing weds and he should be able to go to funeral thurs..

I guess she was not cremated and that was the reason for the need to have the service while he is still hospitalized. I would say they should tell them as soon as they can without risking any further damage to his health. I understand why they chose to wait. He may have lost his will to fight if he had heard earlier.

I know the jewelry is insured and they will have no out of pocket loss, but the sentimental value and just the very thought that someone is low enough to do something like that makes me wonder about the state of this world. I wonder every day. People suck.

I'm sorry. I hope your friend is holding up. I know she appreciates you more than ever at this time. You have been a good friend.

rayray-

so sorry for all that has happened.

my best to you and your friends.