I hate it when Robyn doesn't post

• Start date
  • Replies 54 Comments
  • Views 4,632 Views
Mrs. X, is it just like the movie "Whip It?" If so, I want to be a roller derby girl...

except I break things walking and I would probably be in a full body cast just from being a spectator...

Whip It was derby on a banked track. There are pretty much no rules on a banked track. Flat track there is no fighting but injuries just the same. Mostly scrapes and bruises but sometimes broken things.

Tonight was my first night of skating on skates only one size too big for me instead of three. I'm a woman reborn, and I was already born. I took a really hard hit and went skidding into the kids corner. I have "rink rash" and am pretty proud of it. I felt like it was a legit hit and wipeout. Actually one of the first I've had these four months. I've been struggling so hard trying to steer myself around in those monstrous, cement boats, my performance definitely suffered. I might post pics. But I'd have to post some pics of my ass. Is that something I really want to do on gamelive?

In the immortal words of Devilwoman: no

Where do you live Teela?

L.O.L. at all of the girls wiping out. That looks like so much fun!

Highlights for the year. Just thought I'd preface the video so you don't think derby is like this ALL the time every jam.

My RMRG peeps:

#40 is a roommate. Do her and Reno Cool share a room?

If not, I want to holler at her. Have her sign up as #40 here please.

#40 is a Gamelive HOFer already.

#40 is a roommate. Do her and Reno Cool share a room?

If not, I want to holler at her. Have her sign up as #40 here please.

Amber-BW.jpg

I love bank track roller derby...... great sport

More Red Die media....and some other stuff:

[video=vimeo;11097077]http://vimeo.com/11097077[/video]

mrs x did you do that animation?

I wish. It's pretty great. It was a college assignment from a local design class to make bumpers for RMRG teams/players.

Wow