I HATE ALL OF YOU

• Start date
  • Replies 230 Comments
  • Views 14,660 Views
I find those protests a bit funny. Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore are telling us how bad greed is.

It's nice that a couple of millionaires could stop down to tell Wall Street to stop making money...

I think they finally found the right thing to protest. It's an important step forward. Not so much a question of greed, but perhaps a challenge to the heart of the system.

I think they finally found the right thing to protest. It's an important step forward. Not so much a question of greed, but perhaps a challenge to the heart of the system.

But you add those two, and not only do you get the glaring hypocrisy of a couple of millionaires denegrating the "evils" of an economic system motivated by greed, but they add an element of perception of left-wing lunacy no different than an event organized by Sarah Palin and others on the opposing side.

Why did it take nearly three years for these people to get a fire under their ass anyway? Where were they when the bailouts were actually taking place?

Too little. Far too late.

I'm not sure about hypocrisy. We too try to make some money to survive, doesn't mean we have to support the system. Don't know much about Susan Sarandon, but Moore has written many books and done movies (some not so good) that help enlighten the public as to how business gets done.

Why did it take nearly three years for these people to get a fire under their ass anyway? Where were they when the bailouts were actually taking place?

Too little. Far too late.

I don't know, finally somebody had a good idea. They are saying we are not gonna waste time with side issues. We know where the center of the problem is and we're here. Now, I don't know if much good can come from it, but at least they're finally farting around in the right area.

I'm not sure about hypocrisy. We too try to make some money to survive, doesn't mean we have to support the system. Don't know much about Susan Sarandon, but Moore has written many books and done movies (some not so good) that help enlighten the public as to how business gets done.

But that begs the question: At what point is greed bad? Where does the line get drawn? And who gets to draw it? And doesn't drawing that line simply make way for a different sort of corruption?

I don't know, finally somebody had a good idea. They are saying we are not gonna waste time with side issues. We know where the center of the problem is and we're here. Now, I don't know if much good can come from it, but at least they're finally farting around in the right area.

Yeah. I just think it's lazy and uninspiring. If someone actually put together a list of companies to boycott for various reasons, then that's something that could potentially have an effect.

But that begs the question: At what point is greed bad? Where does the line get drawn? And who gets to draw it? And doesn't drawing that line simply make way for a different sort of corruption?

People are beginning to figure out that wall street runs the government. The needs of the public is not a concern. (unless by public you mean business interest). In fact government is primarily there to help business use, exploit the public for it's interest. This includes selling people crap, putting them to work, putting them in prison, taxing them and using that money to further expand business, create wars etc.

Greed is always bad but I don't care about that. I'm not trying to convince scumbags to become good people. Rather the public needs to demand law written, that will require government to be driven by the needs of the general population.

People are beginning to figure out that wall street runs the government. The needs of the public is not a concern. (unless by public you mean business interest). In fact government is primarily there to help business use, exploit the public for it's interest. This includes selling people crap, putting them to work, putting them in prison, taxing them and using that money to further expand business, create wars etc.

Greed is always bad but I don't care about that. I'm not trying to convince scumbags to become good people. Rather the public needs to demand law written, that will require government to be driven by the needs of the general population.

The only way that happens is if you can somehow convince the lawmakers to write a Constitutional amendment which removes public campaign contributions from the political process. But that's tantamount to rain dancing.

thank you for rating this one thread, whom ever you are. this is why i wasn't going to post here anymore. too many of you suck. i'm actually really upset. I'm about to walk out on my job, I'm broke, I have a miserable relationship, and my cat just bit me.

I'll be posting in the private zone for now on until I leave.

No, no you're not.

I believe you may have forgotten about my previous offer.

I am so sorry karma has caught up to you. Sometimes sucky things happen to sucky people.

Cali, I would suggest that you start applying outside your niche industry. Small companies will almost always lack structure and they will ask you to do grunt work that's outside your comfort zone. What you do is in demand in every industry and your skills are pretty much 100% transferable.

I would also say, don't undersell yourself. Your job pays twice as much in Toronto, no reason you couldn't get that much around NYC in a mid-to-large company.

I have no constructive advice regarding the Chris situation. You know what it's about, he knows too. You're not fed up enough with the bullshit yet. You'll get there.

GL

Don't hate APPRECIATE!

datass.gif

Cali, there's a lot I want to say but I'm not going to give lurking fuks the perverse joy of reading it. So yeah, listen to Matty. And MF. Although MF's advice is more of a whole life mentality change if someone is to apply the concept correctly and that's hard to do. We can work on that together.

Cali most off all listen to the girl in that Gif.

GO! Cali GO!

Can't you hear her? I can.