I do not like the WNBA

• Start date
  • Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 5,253 Views
DO any books offer live betting on the wnba.

Seems to be a couple teams each week come back from double digit 2nd half deficits each week.

sbo does

sbetting does for like $20 maxes

pinny listed it a few weeks ago but never did it

I might offer up a WNBA database and scraper to a few here. Sort of wish there were PM's here for that sort of thing. I'm certainly not going to post them publicly.

I know there isn't a WNBA half point calculator, but couldn't one create their own, not from taking / fitting past results and calculating push %s, but from just pulling the range of lines from pinnacle?

Pinny shows a total of 150 at -102 / -108 - they offer 149 at -112, 149.5 at -106, etc. Don't you imagine that they have their own half point calc in their back pocket that we can essentially mimic based on their odds? Or is this strategy doomed?

Washington comes out in the second half to absolutely shit the bed.

I've got under 147 as well and after scoring 56 points in the first half, I'm sweating that out too...

Unreal.

i have under too. looks alright now.

Yeah. You can use Pinny drop downs, DJ.

Time for some more thread resurrection that's completely off topic!

So I'm trying to calculate the implied push probs based on buying a half point via pinny's drop downs.

If we look at the Minnesota / New Orleans game, I have the following prices (from yesterday):

+3.5 / -3.5
-105 / -108

+3 / -3
+118 / -133

+2.5 / -2.5
+141 / -158

Now, If I try and compute the implied probability of the push prob based on going from -3 -> -2.5, I get something in the ball park of 9.351% for the home fave.

If I do the same thing for +3 -> +3.5, I get 9.204% for the away dog.

And If I just measure the push from going from +2.5 -> +3.5 or -3.5 -> -2.5, I get 9.2694%, which is not quite the average of the two (off by about .01%).

I'm thinking the last result is probably the best way to go about this, although since the drop down menus cutoff at a certain point, my sample size of push probs will be smaller.

Is there a reason for the discrepancy? Is it just from the fact that they don't quote prices down to the decimal (IE, they show -105, as opposed to -105.3)

Or Is there something I'm missing about the difference between away dogs and home faves? Should the push probs be different? I would think if you were looking at home dogs in the 90's, when there was a bias against them and the markets weren't as efficient, you would expect to see something odd there. However, would that still exist today?

Or are the first two calculations just bad math?

Which means that CFL is right around the corner!

One more! :canada: