I am standing at the precipice of a HUGE LIFE DECISION

• Start date
  • Replies 110 Comments
  • Views 6,895 Views
Can't shave my goatee, it hides the scar on my chin. Who knew men are so vain.

I am just concerned that if I shave it off, I will get constantly mistaken for Mark Wahlberg and any number of other underwear models.

Mudcat you're gonna look like a pencil with a giant eraser once you shave that thing!

Oh man I can't wait to see pictures!!!

:moped:

Maybe so. It will definitely be odd. But if Alex Trebek can do it, so can Buttcat!

Muddy has anyone ever told you that you look like Kevin Kline?

Do it. I promise to have a polite reaction if you look like ass.

I can't recall who the philosopher was who said this but a mustache is what separates gay men from staight. Mudcat we will support you with whatever decision you make regarding your famous stache.

Muddy has anyone ever told you that you look like Kevin Kline?

No. Greg Kinnear was declared the actor-most-suitable-to-play-me-in-a-movie by a jury of my peers. But Kevin Kline, I can live with.

On a less flattering note, I was recently compared to Steven Root (the red stapler guy from Office Space). That was based on this photo:

Attachments

• forum5.jpg
    forum5.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 138
I'd say follow the mustache musings of one of the great Mustache wearers. Tom Sellack.

I believe he shaved his, and then promptly grew it back

Yes I am guilty of quite a bit of drama queen action here considering whatever I do can be completely reversed in a week or 2.

But what the hell. Tomorrow morning is go time.

I have mixed emotions on this. I'm not sure I like it.

Why not now?

I have my regular Thursday night addictions recovery meeting tonight and I kind of want to warn the people that see me every week before I do it.

I realize that probably sounds ridiculous - like what am I thinking? That I'm going to spare them emotional trauma or something ?? - but that is my actual thinking.

I have learned something about myself from this but I don't know what.

Mud, yes you should warn others before doing it. I made the mistake of not warning family and friends before taking the bold step of shaving my head. Like your above upper lip hair, my head hair had been there for 25 years. People flipped when they saw it, like they were talking to a different person. Expect the same reaction if you fail to heed my advice. :hattip:

And pics!

Yes I will warn everyone and send around pics and maybe even do a video if I am feeling ambitious.

Here's what I am starting to wonder now: will I look a lot more like my dad? I think maybe. I can definitely see the resemblance in the first pic of this thread and if the mustache was removed, probably moreso.

How will I feel about that? I don't know.

Yes I will warn everyone and send around pics and maybe even do a video if I am feeling ambitious.

Here's what I am starting to wonder now: will I look a lot more like my dad? I think maybe. I can definitely see the resemblance in the first pic of this thread and if the mustache was removed, probably moreso.

How will I feel about that? I don't know.

That's good point for those who resemble their father. Do they want to look just like dad?

I don't have to worry about that (take after my mother's side in looks)

First the Lostache, now the Muddy Mustachio.

Could life deliver anymore bombshells at this point??

:pballs:

Bread, not that you've seen it but I'm probably going to shave the goatee off. I'm considering the stach too, last time I shaved it I was told by the woman I was with if I didn't grow it back she'd leave..... my daughter says I look evil without it. Probably not going where the mudder is going.

BTW Mud, I've shaved my stache twice in my life..... once when I was 16 and once about 5 or 6 years ago....... so it has been a life long habit for me too.

Last edited: