I am doing a budget

• Start date
  • Replies 540 Comments
  • Views 20,136 Views
Okay.

But what I'm saying is, the Dollarama price on such essentials as Swiss Rolls ---> holy fok

I'm all like :pepe:

Shopping today, they 250 gram bars of butter for $2.99

And they had 454 gram bars of the exact same butter - for $2.99

I bought the 454 grammer.

I'm an excellent shopper.

That's insane.

I went in only looking for the half bar size. I don't use a ton of butter. Basically I melt a little hunk on popcorn, maybe once every couple weeks. That's it.

But I looked at the numbers and went the Full Monty and I'm feeling sharp about it.

10101880A~Dustin-Hoffman-Rain-Man-Posters.jpg

$120 ?? Something like that?

Could probably get them cheaper on-line ??

The size thing though - it's pretty ridiculous. Like since when in the history of humans does one size of anything fit all?

Imagine going to a clothing store and it's just like shirt. One shirt.

Come on.

:mudcat:

Ramen and water for the rest of the month

:whengy:

It's been a tough month for budgetary extras. Mother's Day. Drivers license sticker. Electric powered nubbins.

my budgeting consists of buying perishable groceries at Whole Foods and then saving by buying everything else at Big Lots.

budgets are hard and yeah, tough month for budgetary extras. KItty got spayed yesterday, That visit was over $400. Bought a pair of table lamps for $500. Misc decor $200, Coffee table off CL 200. Sofa table from consignment 150, garage sale misc 17.25, groceries $168, now I have to pay a mover to get the tables. I see my checking balance getting dangerously close to the figure at which I said I must be working no matter what. I had hoped to stretch it out thru the summer, but unless I quash all unnecessary expenditures, that probably won't happen.

I'm supposed to have a resume ready for my life coach in 10 days. I haven't started thinking about it. I haven't had to think about a resume in about 20 years.ugh. I want to be self employed.

I also had an unpredicted outlay for barbecue parts to the tune of ~$160. And I figure it's time to get some electric toothbrush heads so I'll do that today as month end approaches. (My budget months run from one mid-month paycheque - which is around the 15th of the month - to the next. For some reason. I really should change that. It's kind of stupid.)

Anyway, my philosophy ---> put all that crap in one month. Might as well have one major fuck up month than a series of slight fuck up months.

Makes sense to me.

Still hooked on Rybread's breakfast sandwiches and a coffee each morning which comes to about $8. I did however stop buying their fresh squeezed OJ at $3.50 apiece and now go across the street for a large thing of Tropicana at $4.50 which lasts about a week. So, ((3.50*25 days a month)-(4.50*4.25 weeks in a month))=

This OJ move is saving me $68.375/mth, approximately.

Things are coming along.

$1600 to fix my car
$300 to fix my truck
(2) batteries at $100 apiece.
(2) plate stickers $100 a piece
Kids softball glove, helmet,bat,spikes and registration.$500
Quarterly union dues $120
Kids communion party. Cake, liquor, food,gift. $500.

Shouldn't go to massage parlor for rest of this month...already been 2 weeks

$100 Massage parlor
250$ wedding gift.

Bar tab after wedding...don't know...left my credit card there.

Got a free bump from semone at the bar though...

Don't know what a crank bump is. Talkin your standard white substance.

Massage 60+40 tip. She knows what she has to do to make that 40 dollar tip.

New job with a healthy pay increase.

Nice nudge to the budge.

:fiverdance:

If you're constantly blowing a budget increasing it shouldn't help. It's a pattern of overspending. Unless you were previously below the poverty line and failing to keep a budget was for necessities you do yourself a disservice by increasing your discretionary spend with pay increases.

The path to long term wealth (or a relatively comfortable retirement) is in NOT increasing your budget as your earning increases. Keep your budget the same, try to meet it regularly but reward yourself for the raise with a one time extra-budgetary splurge.

I specialize in extra-budgetary splurges. Ask me anything.