how young is to young

• Start date
  • Replies 107 Comments
  • Views 5,679 Views
Teela, I dont want to get into a semantics argument with you, but "ya" was short for "you are" in his post.

And it's kind of a southern slang.

Jello, where does the "south" officially begin?

Kentucky? Tennessee?

Don't say Michigan, I know for a fact Michigan is a northern state.

I wasn't debating with you, Jello. I was saying that "ya" is not short for "I am." My apologies for not including the "are" in my original statement. I'm just a stupid southerner, after all.

correct
"ya " is slang for you are, me, myself, I...whatever ya wanna call it

see what I did there?

how bout them apples?..

Kentucky? Tennessee?

the mason dixon line, wherever that is????

Kentucky? Tennessee?

Kentucky and Tennessee are definitely the south.

It starts somewhere in Virginia. There's an imaginary line that cuts through this state probably around Richmond where everything south of that to about Orlando is The South. Then there's northern VA (Alexandria, Manassas, Vienna, etc) that's definitely not the south. You can trace that line through Richmond, VA and all the way straight west to New Mexico and pretty much call all of it below the line The South, and everything above it The North.

Texas and Oklahoma would fall under this delineation as southern states. It's a different kind of southern in those parts than it is in say South Carolina and Alabama, but it's still a lot more southern than anything else.

I wasn't debating with you, Jello. I was saying that "ya" is not short for "I am." My apologies for not including the "are" in my original statement. I'm just a stupid southerner, after all.

Ok. I was confused and thought you might have been referring to my post because I already straightened out Cali's misinterpretation. She admitted that she read it wrong originally.

i thought Your is translated to Yer, as in "yer pick up truck ran over my pet armadillo"

Not quite, Jello. She was under the impression that it meant "I am" or "yer," not you are. I could be misinterpreting her thought and I'm not speaking for her, but that was my perception of it.

Well I straightened her out on the "i am" and she said she misread it. I think she was making a joke about the "yer" and the armadillo.

I thought she really thought that all southerners had pet armadillos.

I don't have an armadillo, and I don't really consider myself a southerner. I'm kind of a mix.... some southern characteristics I guess but a lot more northern sensibilities.

Anyway, if I DID have an armadillo it would be totally awesome and it would be named El Torbe.