how would you invest your money if US starts a pre-emptive strike against Iran?

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,565 Views

pico

Not Broke
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
looks more likely by the day.

i am thinking of the following. correct me if you disagree...or add your thoughts
  1. buy gold
  2. buy oil
  3. buy lockeed martin, haliburton, geral dynamics stocks
  4. short USD
  5. short US Treasury

1. single malt scotch whisky
2. take-out sushi

Never knew enough bout finances and not that much money saved to probably matter for me!

Why short usd/treasuries? I would think that a war with Iran would be good for the economy and a stronger dollar. Gold would surely see a pop. Oil could see mixed results. A war in the region would disrupt production/export and increase demand. But in the medium term (prolly short term since a war would be super quick) it would serve to weaken OPEC and thus reduce oil prices.

invest in the yuan

I'm tired of seeing us in wars everywhere! That's why that Ron Paul interests me! No worrying bout the other guy! Fuk foreign policy!

I'm tired of seeing us in wars everywhere! That's why that Ron Paul interests me! No worrying bout the other guy! Fuk foreign policy!

the number one employer in the usa is...

the defense department

I heard there is a shortage of scotch. What is the reason?

High demand in Asia. I guess it's a nouveau riche social status thing? Producers of single malt scotches are limited by their water supply, they can only produce so much.

Also, there's no way to suddenly produce more of a thing that needs to be aged 10-12 years. Companies like Jim Beam are doing things like removing age statements on some of their products (Black label that's exported isn't guaranteed to be aged for 8 years anymore.)

Whiskey demand in general is going way up. I like to think that I had something to do with that.

:fiverdance:

Last edited:
cocaine... and launder money through nail salons...those fuckers make some bank too...

Im looking for that longshot investment to throw 20k into so i can buy a house cash.