HOCKEY

• Start date
  • •
  • Replies 1,453 Comments
  • • Views 42,874 Views
In the larger GTA maybe. The city itself largely does not care about hockey, it's all about basketball and soccer. Remember that current-day Toronto is mostly made up of filthy immigrants like yours truly. 🙃

Toronto (like Montreal) has had an NHL team for over 100years. The Raptors have been around since 1995. The Jays since 1977.
Eventually the Raptors may become more popular but right now its still Leafs. Raptor fans on the bandwagon when they were good. Lets see if they sellout every game and have a 20 yr waiting list for season tix like the Leafs do.

Oh and the last time the Leafs beat the Canadiens in the playoffs (1967) the city of Montreal had a larger population than Toronto.

Plommer your idea of Toronto is several decades old.
Its been decades since the Leafs dispatched the Canadiens in the playoffs. I'm looking forward to Thursday night.

What I'm hoping for is a Leaf win in overtime to just crush their hearts.
Leafs winning 5-0 would be too kind, no sweating the game for the Habs. We want them to suffer.

Oh and I don't think Toronto has much chance of a cup win so I'll just savour beating the toilet seats in the first round.
See how Leaf fans think? We KNOW we're gonna lose when it matters most. Just like people that play the slots.

If thats not love I don't know what is.

Jarry in Pittsburgh though - that guy sucks.

wait a minute 2-0 Montreal. Can you imagine if Montreal came back to win the series? What that would do these fans :eek:

Best Christmas present ever would be a Leaf overtime goal that ends the Habs season.
1-0 series lead? No problem. 3-0 lead facing elimination? No problem either.

christmas gonna have to wait.

what a brutal defensive play.

Marty hacked my eBay!

Why the fuck would I be interested in this?

TABERNAK!

Capture.PNG

You still got this plom, no need to sweat it. Habs are done. 2,500 hysterical fans won't be enough to contain Matthews, Marner and co.

Absolutely no worries.

As much as I'd like to think they will coast to an easy win in game 6 lifelong experience as a suffering fan has taught me better.
Good chance Habs win game 6. Should that happen I'm extremely confident the Leafs will play the best they are able in game 7 and snuff out the inferior but pesky fleas from Montreal.

I mean as long as Toronto advances I'm ok with 6 or 7 games. The heartbreak will be worse in game 7 so thats ok too.

Toronto is built to score, as was seen after coming back from 0-3. Toronto has a nasty habit of letting up when they should be stomping on their throats.