• Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 2,462 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm assuming most of you have seen on FB, but moms journey is over as of Sunday, It was peaceful and I am doing well --for now anyway... I'll be back when things settle down. Miss u guys

Iag

oh wow

so so so sorry for your loss

:hug:

Sorry for your loss, IAG.

what happened? Thought she was about to go to nursing home?

what happened? Thought she was about to go to nursing home?
She had been a nursing home for the past two months after her surgery. I think she may have had a stroke and/or cancer in additional to everything else. The last week things declined quickly. She was down to 95 lbs (5'10) I was with her alone in her room. It was a surreal experience. So glad I was there.

Reno...I think when we messaged, I was talking about going into hospice, not nursing home..she was already in NH..

Thanks for your condolences all.

and thanks for letting that missed apostrophe in OP go...

IAG, I am very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Pucky sends you warm and deep e-hugs.

Howdy. What can be said? The passage of time can be relentless and cruel. Deteriorating parents is such a constant in my life right now. My own plus people I know.

It always ends the same.

:fok:

Sorry to hear IAG. I wish you all the good thoughts you can muster in your time of grief.

Sorry to hear that, IAG. Sounds like you played a very big part in taking care of her in the end stage of her life. There should be some comfort in that during this rough time.

I saw your post on FB. Instead of throwing cliche sentiment you way, I'll say I know all that's going on will make you a different person.

Possibly stronger mentally. Possibly more aware of what is important to you.

Instead of saying "I'm sorry" I'm going to say, "I've got your back if you want to vent or talk about whatever travails you come across".

Death is sad but IMO a time to appreciate and evaluate where we are personally.

Casper, Bacon will be my fren again only if I die. Would you be willing to kill me if Machu takes a pass?