• Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 1,543 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I bought a dinner from the local grocery store...supposed to be Jennie-O turkey breast 3 sides. I go to pick it up today and there is some confusion...can't find my meal or something so I go do some shopping and come back. Anyway, guy shows me my box o food. I don't think anything of it til I get home and look at the directions for cooking the turkey that they gave me (separate booklet with instructions on how to cook everything including side dishes) It refers to follow instructions on the "pre printed package" and references the cooking bag and again later the package instructions...

problem is, there is no packaging. Basically I have an unwrapped turkey breast that was put in a plastic container that they use for rotisserie chickens. I don't what kind of turkey this even is. Is this even sanitary? I called 3 different stores and no one seems to know anything except for one guy who told me the ones they give out are in the orginal packaging.

I don't ever cook meat so I am truly clueless but something about this doesn't seem right. I expected to pick up a turkey like I would pick it up from the regular store section.

Did they run out of turkey? Wth is going on here?

Cougar isn't here. This looks nothing like the pictures on the Jennie O site.

IAG,

As a somewhat fan of cooking and a former beau if a health inspector, I say do not cook it.

Buy another turkey ASAP.

Pictures of what you have might help.

Is the turkey uncooked? Do you just need to reheat? There is a national turkey shortage... Do you know what stores are open tomorrow and when? How many people are you responsible to feed, just you and mom?

IAG,

As a somewhat fan of cooking and a former beau if a health inspector, I say do not cook it.

Buy another turkey ASAP.
Really? I don't really even care if I have turkey. I have mashed potatoes, dressing and green bean casserole.

Maybe I'm making too much out of this but the more I looked at it the more I knew that something obviously went awry. I just wish they would have been up front. The one store told me that theirs definitely go out in the original Jennie-O packaging.

What's the worst that can happen? Won't cooking eliminate any health hazards or no?

Cooking doesn't kill all bacteria.

We have basically a tampered with turkey breast.

We have no idea how old it is or how long it has sat at room temperature.

Pictures of what you have might help.

Is the turkey uncooked? Do you just need to reheat? There is a national turkey shortage... Do you know what stores are open tomorrow and when? How many people are you responsible to feed, just you and mom?
I will take pictures. Looks funny to me but then again I'm not a turkey breast expert. I think I just need to reheat.

Cooking doesn't kill all bacteria.

We have basically a tampered with turkey breast.

We have no idea how old it is or how long it has sat at room temperature.
That's what I was thinking...tampered with! Is that even legal to sell?

Oh and just mom and I so no big deal at all if we don't have turkey.

What color is the turkey breast? If it's pinkish it's uncooked. If it's whitish it means is cooked. Can you poke it with a knife? Pictures will also help. I'm a cooking aficionado.

Just say no to eating that questionable meat product.

Eating that would be about as dangerous as having a couple injun alcoholic sex predators in your house with power tools IMO

Also. Pictures would be helpful

Working on pictures....to follow.....appreciate your help guys.

turkey2_zpsafd8b77c.jpg

turkey1_zps048388c9.jpg
[video]http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx182/boobear6557/turkey1_zps048388c9.jpg[/video]

Looks like is cooked from pictures. Maybe put it the oven at 350 for 30 min just to bring it to eating temperature. If you have a meat thermometer it should read at least 180 F in the deepest part of the breast.

trying to get other side..technical difficulties.