HELP. Anyone who cooks!

• Start date
  • Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 1,570 Views
That doesn't even look like a
turkey to me, looks more like an overfed potato

Doesn't look raw, that's for sure.

Me personally, I would eat it, but I live a block away from a hospital and am fully covered.

turkey3_zpsdb323abb.jpg

So it looks like half say ok and half say don't risk it...although I think the ones with the most cooking experience indicate it should be ok?

I appreciate all your help. If I cook I will definitely use all your cooking wisdom. Thanks all!

No way would I warm it up and eat it. If worth your time, take it back and get your money. You have no clue how this was handled, cooked, or what they could have done with it. Without it in original packaging too risky imo.

The free all you can eat and drink restaurant is here. All of you are too far away. Maybe one day. Come on over!

The free all you can eat and drink restaurant is here. All of you are too far away. Maybe one day. Come on over!
I know Cami is doing you RIGHT tomorrow. I wish!

p.s I'm talking about the food.

IAG, that bird has been rotisseried (sp?) so yes just heat up and enjoy.

toss it. go to your local FRESH market and get a FRESH turkey. you won't have time to defrost a frozen one.

I meant to put that in the Thanksgiving restaurant thread :lmao:

Bacon is getting drunk and starts Turkey Day out with fail my bad IAG hope it works out

Like I said, it's just mom and me...she doesn't remember from one moment to the next that it's Thanksgiving so she won't be disappointed at all if we don't have it..nor will I...I'm all about the side dishes...definitely not needing to go buy a fresh turkey. It's this or nothing..I'll probably call the store again tomorrow when manager is there and find out the scoop. :guitar: Usually my sister in laws do the cooking. It's all good. I'm thankful for all the people who gave input!

Saulty is spot on. It's precooked. Reheat and go.

IAG,

That bird is cooked, but I worry more about how it came packaged.
By the way you described, it sounds like it was packaged like leftovers and not sealed properly.

I wouldn't eat it, precooked or not.
Pretty sure my knowledge of food handling and safety trump every foodie on here.

IAG,

That bird is cooked, but I worry more about how it came packaged.
By the way you described, it sounds like it was packaged like leftovers and not sealed properly.

I wouldn't eat it, precooked or not.
Pretty sure my knowledge of food handling and safety trump every foodie on here.

IAG, cut into it to see if it's cooked. It looks like a rotisserie breast and you should be able to just warm it up and eat it.

lol, I can't believe people who are telling you to toss it. You bought a pre-cooked meal that comes in the classic rotisserie packaging.

Heat it and put it in your mouth. The end.

A lot of y'all lead very complicated lives, including the OP.

Food.

It goes in your mouth.

lol, I can't believe people who are telling you to toss it. You bought a pre-cooked meal that comes in the classic rotisserie packaging.

Heat it and put it in your mouth. The end.

A lot of y'all lead very complicated lives, including the OP.

Food.

It goes in your mouth.

Coming from someone that is waiting 9 months for something to come out of the oven.