• Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 2,472 Views
Just got back from the beach then dinner

Tonight's birthday beer is...

Lagunitas Maximus.

happy bday
now what age?

solid choice of no kids :greencheck:
dont let a female get in ya head and convince you any different.

screaming kids make my skin crawl, same as crying women
7-8 yr olds and up just come w/ equally different irritations and frustrations.
imagine 16s and up... FOK !!!

My 7 year old can test my patience at times. No doubt about that. But there's nothing in the world that compares to throwing batting practice to him or watching him run the bases like we practiced. I feel incredibly fortunate to have healthy, active children.

Being a Dad is awesome :handshake:

I think you would agree, Senco.

Parenthood is not for selfish people, though, that's for sure. It's hard work. Anyone who tells you parenting isn't hard work is a shitty parent. There's no time to be selfish.

Hope your birthday was good Cougar. Enjoy some good food, brews and company this weekend.

thats it? watching him run the bases and batting practice? I was hoping for something more profound.

oh and congratulation CB, :guitar:

My decision to not have kids has nothing to do with being selfish, rather it's mostly the GF as I would have one if she wanted one she simply does not. I do despise the decibel level of screaming kids though so I may need to invent a contraption that goes over their mouths to turn the scream into like a pretty song or tune or something.

Now we are to 8/3 and it's no longer a special day :cougarbait:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes

My 7 year old can test my patience at times. No doubt about that. But there's nothing in the world that compares to throwing batting practice to him or watching him run the bases like we practiced. I feel incredibly fortunate to have healthy, active children.

Being a Dad is awesome :handshake:

I think you would agree, Senco.

Parenthood is not for selfish people, though, that's for sure. It's hard work. Anyone who tells you parenting isn't hard work is a shitty parent. There's no time to be selfish.

totally agree
its a double edged sword for sure though... but all the negatives are far outweighed with positives for parents that actually act as a parent to their kids.

mine's giving up football for skateboarding :(
but the passion and drive is there so roll w/ it:guitar:
got a skate company in Savannah area that supposedly gonna sponsor him at end of this month
free boards sounds good to me:megaman:

My decision to not have kids has nothing to do with being selfish, rather it's mostly the GF as I would have one if she wanted one she simply does not. I do despise the decibel level of screaming kids though so I may need to invent a contraption that goes over their mouths to turn the scream into like a pretty song or tune or something.

Now we are to 8/3 and it's no longer a special day :cougarbait:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes

I'm kinda semi dating a girl w/ 2 kids. 6 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy
add my 2 to the mix and holy shit it can drive a peaceful, quiet homestead loving man into a nervous wreck.
mainly her boy that constantly screams "momma" over and over and over, in fact the kid doesnt know how to communicate w/out
screaming, whining, crying... not my place to tell the lil fukr to shut hell up and sit down or I gonna blister that ass... but come real close
to it several times cause momma wont do it.

its a deal breaker... 4 kids no way in hell I could handle that every day :nono:
to much contrast w/ parenting styles.

Cougar, I was not implying you are selfish and subsequently decided to not have children. Not at all.

I was implying, though, that you can not be both selfish AND a good parent.

Reno, I was trying to keep it short and sweet and decided to use the language of sport because we do talk sports(?) once in a while.

:handshake:

Cougar, I was not implying you are selfish and subsequently decided to not have children. Not at all.

I was implying, though, that you can not be both selfish AND a good parent.

Reno, I was trying to keep it short and sweet and decided to use the language of sport because we do talk sports(?) once in a while.

:handshake:

If anyone here knows the condition of my chest, it's Rogue Juror.

:greencheck:
#Room404