Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 33,153 Views
Is BetOnline a standalone app or is it browser-based? If it's browser-based you should try a different browser. The site might be causing memory hangs which would explain the heat.

I'll try that. What browser do you recommend?

Try Chrome and Firefox. These bugs can happen out of nowhere and disappear with a minor software update (either for the browser or the poker app.)

Tronnaaay! Have you considered or tried Bovada for poker? Bigger network than BetOnline and US friendly.
Works on a Mac too!

Tron Bovada has a Mac poker client and offers play via web browser.

Tronnaaay! Have you considered or tried Bovada for poker? Bigger network than BetOnline and US friendly.
Works on a Mac too!

I got it all sorted out. It was the browser. Now that I use Chrome, BetOnline poker works great. Bookmaker too. I can try Bovada. The days of soft $.50/$1 NL games are long gone though, pal. I've played like 10 hours of poker and I'm up like $75. oooof

I got it all sorted out. It was the browser. Now that I use Chrome, BetOnline poker works great. Bookmaker too. I can try Bovada. The days of soft $.50/$1 NL games are long gone though, pal. I've played like 10 hours of poker and I'm up like $75. oooof
Don't like the negative attitude pal. at your current rate of success in 1 million hours you'll be up $7.5 million dollars

Finally installed my new 16GB stick o' RAM, for a total of 20GB. It's a significant upgrade - I can now have my creative stuff running in the background without having the OS or Chrome stalling on me.

Happy camper :greencheck:

Man, this is like having a new computer (is it not?)

Man, this is like having a new computer (is it not?)
I remember using one of my first pc's ever back around mid 90's. Thing was slow so added 4MB or RAM which made it 8MB total. Yes, megabytes not gigabytes, huge increase in performance.

Has anyone ever had any experience with Hotwire Communications for high speed Internet/cable?

We are moving and that might be our only option.

Has anyone ever had any experience with Hotwire Communications for high speed Internet/cable?

We are moving and that might be our only option.

Uh oh - not good. I frequented an apartment complex that have an exclusive deal with them, total crap. Lines were on DSL, speeds of 5-10 Mpbs, afternoon and nights with bandwidth saturated, it was horrible. I'm guessing if the apartments are fitted with fiber it'd be different but if all they have is DSL I wouldn't like to live there.

Uh oh - not good. I frequented an apartment complex that have an exclusive deal with them, total crap. Lines were on DSL, speeds of 5-10 Mpbs, afternoon and nights with bandwidth saturated, it was horrible. I'm guessing if the apartments are fitted with fiber it'd be different but if all they have is DSL I wouldn't like to live there.

The place I’m going is fitted with fiber. I took a quick look at their pricing guide and it looks crazy expensive, though.

Good, with fiber you shouldn't have that bandwidth saturation problem. I'm paying $100 flat for 1 Gpbs fiber with ATT.

Am I a pawn for paying for cable channels like MLB Network and the ESPNs etc?