rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
:panda:

Alright, Rogie is moving right on up on the week. Les do dis :handshake:

McB you're backup. :kiss:

I suggest that this thread now be titled, "HOW WILL AMBY BURY THE BOARD TODAY?

What an asshole. I can't even bet on anything not MMA anymore.

:bread: :bread: :bread: :bread:

What an asshole. I can't even bet on anything not MMA anymore.

:bread: :bread: :bread: :bread:

Bread, any way Robyn ever loans you money?

No way dood. All her xtra money goes towards wine. :puke:

No way dood. All her xtra money goes towards wine. :puke:

Robyn loves her wine huh? Robyn, you were throwing those bad words around losely here the last few nights. Does she talk like a truck driver on occasion at home also or she just an internet tough guy? :popcorn:

24406750365_large.jpg

my pick is the hater tots.

Good morning guys! I just finished feeding the chickens and now I'm here with my coffee in hand ready to narrow down my plays. One quick question though: does anybody even want a hockey option? Last week I shared one that received no votes and little discussion, so today I was going to do a couple hoops and a couple tennis plays. Any objections?

Good morning guys! I just finished feeding the chickens and now I'm here with my coffee in hand ready to narrow down my plays. One quick question though: does anybody even want a hockey option? Last week I shared one that received no votes and little discussion, so today I was going to do a couple hoops and a couple tennis plays. Any objections?

Whatever floats your boat, RS.
TBH I would prefer anything that isn't basketball.

I honestly did. I can't sit here in peace unless all the animals are fed, so when I know it's my day, I get up early, build a fire and while the house gets warm I make sure all the animals are happy and satiated. In fact, I think Bread should spend his new free time running a petting zoo, with the way he loves animals, I think it's right up his alley. I have some chickens tame enough that they ride around in the wheelbarrow as I make my way through the yard, I'd give Bread a couple of those to get started.

Bread would give the turkey beer and get it drunk.

I have some chickens tame enough that they ride around in the wheelbarrow as I make my way through the yard

:lmao: RS, you might know this already, but chickens love to eat broken up crab shells. At least the ones I remembered seeing as a kid down at the Jersey shore.

Whatever plays you want to give us is fine with me. We always can count on you being prepared! Yea fuk hockey and all those non-participating GLPOTD bastards up north*

*participating bastards up north are a OK!

And AMBy, until you lose that curse you have that is affecting all of us, hop up over the border with them. Your close enough!

:lmao: RS, you might know this already, but chickens love to eat broken up crab shells. At least the ones I remembered seeing as a kid down at the Jersey shore.

They sure do, MrMonkey, they love the extra calcium carbonate to help make egg shells out of, it's like nature's egg layer feed. Whenever I go out crabbing I always give the boiled shells to the chickens.

GLPPOTD Play #1

Alright guys, I haven't made up my mind on a couple of the others, but my biggest play of the day happens to start in three hours so I wanted to get this one up first so you can mull it over while I do the other write-ups. My favorite play on the board today is:

Fernando Verdasco +100 (available at DSI and Bodog)

Now, before I get into more in-depth analysis, I want to break this match down to its most simple characteristics. Verdasco is ranked 12th in the world (he was #7 last year) and Berdych is ranked 20th (highest ranking #9 in 2007). Berdych just beat Roger Federer in the last round in a marathon three setter featuring two tiebreak sets. Fernando just lost to Berdych two weeks ago at Indian Wells in a moderate upset. Berdych leads their head to head record 5-3, and yet the odds are basically a pick 'em, indicating heavy action anchoring Verdasco at this price.

Fernando+Verdasco.jpg

Now, I'm not reading too much into the loss at Indian Wells, Verdasco just wasn't hitting the ball well and he knew it. It's not that he tanked the match, but with these players that live in the Top 25 for most of their career, they play each other often and it's not hard to see how they would regularly trade victories head to head, so much of tennis comes down to recent form. Which brings us to today's match, which provides Fernando an opportunity to pay back the loss from IW and capitalize on an emotionally drained Berd-man after he just beat Federer.

I mean, let's face it, under any other circumstances, a player who just beat the world No. 1 and faces an opponent he defeated easily just two weeks ago would almost certainly be a commanding favorite in his next match. We see that's not the case here, in fact 'Nando opened at +105 and keeps creeping slowly lower; most American books now offer him at -111 or worse.

Verdasco's form has been much improved, too, since Indian Wells. He's fresh off beating Marin Cilic (a player who employs the exact same tactics as Berdych), this year's new entrant into the world Top 10 and looks to be even more fired up at interviews since Roger was eliminated from the field. Like so many of his countrymen, this Spaniard is only truly dangerous when highly motivated, and he seems to have become energized at the thought of being a legitimate contender now to win this tourney.

I have one ace in the hole for this match though, and it's the weather. Berdych, like so many other Czech players, simply has no tolerance for humidity. He didn't just look exhausted after beating Roger, he looked on the verge of heatstroke. Year after year he hits a wall playing at thesee tournaments in humid sub-tropical locales, and Miami is certainly one of those. So where Verdasco just sweats it out and enjoys the heat, Berdych is sure to be uncomfortable playing this match at 3PM local time in the thick of the heat and humidity.

Berd-man has lost 4 of his last 6 Masters tournament quarterfinals; this is where we've all become accustomed to seeing him bow out, which is surprising considering his talent, but not so surprising considering his questionable committment to fitness and propensity for being a total flake.

Verdasco is our man here, I'm certain of it.