GIF Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 1,064 Comments
  • Views 86,345 Views
Messi 1994

siLEX.gif

Sometimes I wish there were gifs with sound. I am very proud of my ahawut gif - pleased as punch you might say - but I have also thought about doing a Hey Now! clip. Like for situations that really call for a Hey Now!

Obviously I can do it on YouTube. That's how ahawut started out. And I could post it to my heart's content. But it is not as nifty as having a gif. I wish it could be a gif.

But you'd definitely need the sound.

attachment.php

Attachments

• hgran.jpg
    hgran.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 937
GIFS are the little animated ones.

Apparently some people pronounce if JIFF, which was a surprise to me. I have always said it with a hard G and never considered the other possibility.

Steve and I actually had an argument about this the other day, and after going through many word spellings/pronunciations, I was right and he was wrong. It's Gif, not Jiff. IMO.

Apparently it is a topic that nerds will debate with almost the passion of who was the best Starfleet captain.

Apparently it is a topic that nerds will debate with almost the passion of who was the best Starfleet captain.

I am partial to GIF (not jiff) and Picard (although I understand those who prefer Shatner).

Muddy, are you calling me a nerd?

The way I see it should be pronounced Gif (g not j) Because this actually stands for Graphic Interchange Format, so I pronounce it as the first letter of the word it stands for. A lot of people though will say that the proper way is Jiff. I do not agree. Not that it really matters, but that is my take on it. Then again the English language is full of fokked up words with silent letters, or letters that are pronounced differently pending the way it is used.

My es queue el

Lots of software developing types like to say sequel though

They are rubes

I would pronounce that My S Q L, I would say the letters. I only pronounce an acronym when it can be. So I guess in that case, considering it's not actually a word, it could be to each their own.

how does this fucker act so panicked yet manage to keep recording?