Gamelive MLB Contest

Here you go rogue. nippon ham fighters!!

ham_fighters.jpg

japanese beer girls

nippon-ebisu.jpg

tumblr_mc3pq5PPur1qg3i31.png

The nickname for Yokohama is ‘Hama” and because of the problems the Japanese have with pronouning “R,” the word star becomes ’sta’, hence the shortened slang name for the Yokohama Baystars is “Hamastars” or Hamsters."

"Baystar HAMSTERS is alot better than their old name, the Yokohama Taiyo Whales.

Back in the early ’90s, Taiyo Corporation renamed the team the BayStars because superstitious fans had believed that dead whales put a curse onto the team for all of Taiyo’s whale meat products, preventing the Yokohama Whales from ever winning even one championship."

The Yokohama Hamsters

Hiroshima Carp

Nippon Ham fighters

What great names for teams. I once heard a band called yokohama mama

The hamsters!

220px-20120318_DB.Starman,_mascot_of_the_Yokohama_DeNA_BayStars,_at_Yokohama_Stadium.JPG

901 Miami Marlins K Slowey - R -1 +360

Looks like it will be a fun ride. Wish I could participate but currently I am losing my own contest against myself and adding a second round of losing would potentially send me over the edge. The new hobby has rapidly become a bottomless pit from a financial standpoint. Plus after the Mississippi trip I need to send Arch some money for the Tennis Not Truancy Program.

Glad there is a contest that allows mere mortals to mix it up with the pro's.

Muddy if your hesitation to join has anything to do with being out of work and the expense of producing the album I would be willing to go in as a backer if you could promise to last longer than EggNogg did.

DISCLAIMER: the above comment was meant as a sarcastic comment about the time I backed EggNogg against Daft and not a sarcastic comment about the current financial status of Muddy.

DISCLAIMER-DISCLAIMER: The above was meant to explain in particular to Muddy since he sometimes doesn't get my semi-sorta-not-always-clearly-defined sense of humor.

you should play the contest Wally.

Reno I'm broke.

I got the itch to fly so I bought a helicopter for $300. I bought a bunch of spare parts like extra batteries and blades and such. I flew the copter for 10 minutes in the gym and things went well. I then flew it outside for all of 30 seconds and it stalled then not very gracefully plummeted to the ground completely destroyed beyond all repair.

So the next day I bought another copter only this time I bought a better one. Again I bought extra batteries (because this copter ran on different batteries than did the other one) and spare blades, canopy and tail fins. It was a grand copter and I flew it for well over an hour (not all at once but collectively) and then while talking to a buddy and not paying attention to what I was doing I mistakenly plugged in a 3S lipo into my 1S copter and instantly fried all the electronics. Repairable but the cost essentially adds up to basically the price of replacing it.

Reno, that's just an example week and it actually should have been posted in the Community FOK U Thread instead of here.

Reno, I'm already in a contest and failing miserably in which I will be sending MonkeyFocker $500.

Reno, I also have my Mississippi Master Tournament coming up on the 17th of this month.

Reno, after I get back I need to send Archie $100 for those kids.

Reno, this contest requires 200+ plays that would take me all season to accomplish.

I will sponsor you to play Wally.

Nah Rito, I'll play.

I just haven't posted much lately and was trying to get reacquainted with Wally-style posting.

I do have a valid question though. Some of you guys can do 250 plays in a week or 2 so the contest last till everyone has completed the minimum amount of plays?

I ask because as much as I was joking in the reply to Reno I was serious about it taking pretty much the entire season at a play here and there kind of pace.

Nah Rito, I'll play.

I just haven't posted much lately and was trying to get reacquainted with Wally-style posting.

I do have a valid question though. Some of you guys can do 250 plays in a week or 2 so the contest last till everyone has completed the minimum amount of plays?

I ask because as much as I was joking in the reply to Reno I was serious about it taking pretty much the entire season at a play here and there kind of pace.

That's just a minimum, Wally. I don't see a maximum.

That's just a minimum, Wally. I don't see a maximum.

Before I join I need to clear something up that either everyone else must already realize or hasn't realized yet, how exactly will the winner be determined? I see that bets should be risk to win but will the overall winner be established based on total profit, ROI or win percentage? Being that there is no limit someone could do 700 plays and ultimately have a greater profit but lower win percentage than someone simply meeting the minimal requirement especially since 1-2 even 3-unit plays are allowed.

I'm fine either way as chances are good that I am a participating donation but it would be nice to be clear on this.

The winner will not be based on profit.

The winner will have more units than everyone else in the contest.

There is no maximum number of plays. Only a minimum (250).

Wally, you should participate. Good for the brand.

951 CHC/PIT UND 7.5 -120
953 SDG/NYM UND 7.5 -115
957 PHI/ATL OVR 7 +115
961 KC/CWS OVR 8.5 -115
970 CLE/TOR OVR 9 -115
959 DET -146
963 BAL +110

The winner will not be based on profit.

The winner will have more units than everyone else in the contest.

There is no maximum number of plays. Only a minimum (250).

Wally, you should participate. Good for the brand.

that sounds contradictory

Id like to donate $50 to Wal's buy-in... Where do I send it?

Last edited:
rito was is the official stance on making 2 unit plays

I have two pending for today (one of them is final already?.

You're gonna lose half your 2-unit bets anyway. Let's just flat bet that shit. Common.