Gamble Week Part 4

McBall's I read the article and it's a fine article. The article is on point if that's your strategy and there is nothing wrong with that. However I subscribe to PavyLogic, "pick winners and price won't matter".[/QUOTE
You still want to maximize price the best you can. It would be interesting to see how close to the optimum line/price sharps get.

Where does "scoremobile" get their lines from? Have you ever used those lines compared to Pinnacle to figure out if you have an edge?

McBall's I have no idea where ScoreMobile gets their lines from. Generally they are on par though with what's widely available and the few times I have compared to Pinny (which isn't often but has been done more than once) they are usually spot on.

The thing is though I generally am on games not because of price but because I feel one team will cover or win outright. Case in point Rider tonight. It would not have mattered what the closing number was on the game because they lost by a margin that was well out of range of any available or unavailable lines.

I'm not disputing what you are doing, I am not disagreeing with the article you provided (the PavyLogic was a joke) either. I fully understand that over time it matters. I kid (mainly to rib Durito and Durito-like-minded) about this stuff but I know they are right.

McBall's I read the article and it's a fine article. The article is on point if that's your strategy and there is nothing wrong with that. However I subscribe to PavyLogic, "pick winners and price won't matter".
Now I know why rito gave up on trying to help you learn. You really are hard headed.

FW, you were right sir. BYU was the right side. San Diego St had plenty of opportunities in the first half to get the game out of reach but failed and then fumbled it away in the 2nd half. BYU was patient and more opportunistic and deserved the win. I was way off on this game and you were right.

I know you were joking about pavy and just read your follow-up. I just think you listen to what you want to listen to. Again, it's up to you how you want to approach things I just thought you were looking to improve your gambling.

I know you were joking about pavy and just read your follow-up. I just think you listen to what you want to listen to. Again, it's up to you how you want to approach things I just thought you were looking to improve your gambling.

I want to improve certain aspects. I enjoy capping and playing around with numbers, power ratings and the like. I enjoy when time allows watching lines and finding the reverse line movement. I do enjoy trying to predict which way a line will go and seeing if I actually got it right and ultimately got a better line in the end.

Those things I understand and those things don't hurt my head. I respect the approach you are taking even if I don't fully grasp all aspects of it, I do understand the gist. But to me that approach would suck the life out of my enjoyment. That's not a knock nor is it me being an ass it's just I look at things from a capping perspective. Maybe I'm not explaining it right though.

You are explaining it right. I just have a hard time understanding your complacency. I am as amateur as it comes, but I have managed to find a way to win consistently spending limited time. I may not make much off of my bets now( 500-1000) a month, but Im also making my friends the same amount of money. So I guess our objectives are different so there is no point in me trying to persuade you to open your mind to making adjustments.

it's ok Wally. You want to be an originator.(to put it in words Durito would understand) Everybody should. Parasiting off other peoples work is nothing to be proud of. :up:

of course you're not close to originating anything, but that's something you can work on :hey: