Gamble Week Part 4

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Yesterday I switched from what was working and went with college hoops instead of NBA, I went from a single game to posting 4 plays, I also attempted to get cute and translate into a foreign language because we have so many of you "others" on board. All of that combined screwed up what was shaping up to be a decent week. The 2 dogs posted won outright and that felt good but both favorites lost outright and that always makes one think something you did was more than just wrong, it was entirely clueless.

You haven't read anything to this point and that's cool cause I was just typing for my own amusement anyhow. I could have insulted half of you by now and only I would know it.

Again I am listing the EARLY LIST which is not plays as of this posting. These are the ones that are based solely on numbers and absolutely no research at this point. As the day progresses some might get eliminated and maybe others will be added or replace even. I do know there will be at least one play today at some point that may or may not win and may or may not come from the list.

NOT OFFICIAL PLAYS:

Rider +6.5
UL Monroe +20.5
Weber St -6.5
Idaho St +8
UC Irvine +9

As a rule of thumb generally when I like this many dogs they almost all lose and fail to cover.

We also have NBA, NFL and a bowl game tonight to choose from and maybe a play from those as well. Who knows cause there are no rules and they ALL are potential winners.

Today could be our last day on earth so why not go out a winner.

You haven't read anything to this point and that's cool cause I was just typing for my own amusement anyhow. I could have insulted half of you by now and only I would know it.

:eyes:

There does not appear to be any NFL today.... FWIW. Saturday games start this week instead.

Yeah MrQ I just went and looked. I didn't realize that last Thursday was the last.

You'd think that they could have one Thurs AND one Saturday... The reality of the NHL strike is really going to hit home after NFL is over.... gonna be some big time sports withdrawl other than the March Madness(which isn't exactly a huge draw for me)

Tonight is the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl between BYU and San Diego St. BYU is favored by 3-points in this one.

I did a little research and both teams have 3 common opponents this year. Both played Hawaii and totally dominated them which doesn't say much cause Hawaii is crap. Both played good games but lost to San Jose St. Both played at Boise and while they were both close games BYU lost while San Diego St won.

Both teams come into the game with laundry list of injured players and without really following either team it's hard to predict which injuries are more crucial to either squad.

A little overall history for both teams. San Diego St is 2-5 lifetime in bowl games and lost last years Poinsettia Bowl. BYU is 12-17-1 lifetime in bowl games, having played in 7 straight years and winning their last 3 in a row.

Initially before I looked at anything I liked San Diego St to win outright. After looking at the numbers I came away liking San Diego St to win outright. Then I realized where the game was being played. It's in San Diego. So while it's no big reward as far as travel goes for San Diego St and while it's not enough of a scenic distraction for BYU I still like San Diego St.

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl

Just rolls off your tongue. Better than Capital One Cup though.

Wally, me and kato are against the mormons. Co sign kato.

What's the reward for SD St? Playing a home game won't do it.

Just rolls off your tongue. Better than Capital One Cup though.

Wally, me and kato are against the mormons. Co sign kato.

cosigned

azteca for the win

I got an itch. I wasn't planning on today being this difficult nor was I expecting to have so many things making me consider them as plays. All of a sudden I am getting this hunch that after 10 consecutive head to head wins and coming into tonights game winners of 12 in a row regular season games that the Thunder fail to get'r done tonight in Minnesota.

Don't know if it'll be a play yet but the urge is strong with this one.

walk away from that one, wal

the thunder are playing inspired ball

Oh wow oh wow oh wow.

This is a crazy trend. I only show the previous 10 head to head games but this stands out like a sore thumb. In the previous 10 head to head matchups between Denver and Portland the home team has won all 10 SU and the favorite has covered 9 of those.

Rep'n they hood. Fo sho, yo!

BYU kids are happy to be in SD and may have more fans there than SD St. The Bowl festivities won't mean a thing to the Aztecs, they can go to the zoo or Gaslamp District anytime.

FW we agree then that we like different teams tonight? I like San Diego St even if I don't post that as my play of the day for this thread.

Tonight is the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl between BYU and San Diego St. BYU is favored by 3-points in this one.

I did a little research and both teams have 3 common opponents this year. Both played Hawaii and totally dominated them which doesn't say much cause Hawaii is crap. Both played good games but lost to San Jose St. Both played at Boise and while they were both close games BYU lost while San Diego St won.

Both teams come into the game with laundry list of injured players and without really following either team it's hard to predict which injuries are more crucial to either squad.

A little overall history for both teams. San Diego St is 2-5 lifetime in bowl games and lost last years Poinsettia Bowl. BYU is 12-17-1 lifetime in bowl games, having played in 7 straight years and winning their last 3 in a row.

Initially before I looked at anything I liked San Diego St to win outright. After looking at the numbers I came away liking San Diego St to win outright. Then I realized where the game was being played. It's in San Diego. So while it's no big reward as far as travel goes for San Diego St and while it's not enough of a scenic distraction for BYU I still like San Diego St.

I'm on San Diego St too. My numbers have them as winning outright but I will gladly take the +3 points. I think BYU will have a hard time moving the ball in this game.

Plays, FINALLY the PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

College Hoops:
Rider +9
Weber St -7

College Football:
San Diego St ML +135

NBA:
Minnesota Timberwolves ML +135