For those wanting late late night action its aussie rules time once again at 2:40am

• Start date
  • Replies 30 Comments
  • Views 6,636 Views
Ok guys, here it is. Cats (Geelong) V Dockers (fremantle). Enjoy the write-up :highfive:

Fremantle’s fantastic start to the season should ensure a close-to-capacity Subiaco Oval for the round three clash between second and fourth on the ladder.

After tearing Adelaide a new one in the opening round, a new-look Freo chalked up its first Victorian win in three years last week when it took out Essendon. Still, it hasn’t beaten the Cats at home since round 5, 2004 and has lost seven straight against Mark Thompson’s side.
Geelong, also undefeated after two rounds, will have 24 hours less to recover after a bruising encounter against Hawthorn on Easter Monday. The reigning premiers however again showed hunger isn’t a problem as they clawed back from a four-goal deficit for the second straight week. The Cats beat Freo in the west during the pre-season and - having won their last six matches at Subiaco by an average margin of 52 points - will be confident of maintaining their record over the men in purple.

Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley didn’t endear himself to Geelong supporters at Skilled Stadium a couple of seasons back - or to Gary Ablett’s teammates - with his close-checking tactics on the Geelong superstar. On Sunday Crowley can again expect a run-with role on the Cats’ maestro - who is eager to atone after what he felt was a sub-standard 38-possession game last week.
Shannon Byrnes has become a crucial element of the Geelong forward line. His emergence from fringe player to genuine danger man has been all the more important given the early-season absence of Mathew Stokes and Travis Varcoe. Byrnes also likes the open spaces of Subiaco, booting a career-high five goals against Freo on this ground last year.

Aaron Sandilands has been in dominant form in the opening two rounds of the season. Can Brad Ottens and Mark Blake curb his influence and allow their star midfielders first use of the ball?

Fremantle’s young guns have been terrific in the opening fortnight of the season but Geelong’s bigger bodies proved the difference against Hawthorn last week. Will the lighter frames of Barlow, Hill, Morabito and Ballantyne cope with the hardened Cats?

In conclusion suspensions and injury have closed the gap. Should Chris Tarrant’s ankle not be right it will hurt Fremantle, while Matthew Scarlett and Cameron Mooney are out for the Cats. It is likely to again come down to the middle. Sandilands’ influence will be critical, but Geelong’s band of elite midfielders might just get it home...

My pick here is geelong -6.5 (-108) risking 2units..GL here guys and lets collect some cash from this :pink2:

Last edited:
Promo that shit to front page.

If Terry Etim wasn't a bitch I would jump in on this :madd:

I could see myself becoming an Aussie Rules junkie

Great writeup, but I have one question.

Why are these teams "on the ladder" ?

Wow, awesome piece of writing. Counts me in for two units as well!

Great post btw. :cheers:

Thanks again RJ...Aim here is to share the knowledge and hopefully the positive outcomes that come from that :hippie:

Promo that shit to front page.

If Terry Etim wasn't a bitch I would jump in on this :madd:

Ty bread. I thought Etim was a smarter fighter than to allow himself be exposed like that. Hopefuly he will learn from the experience and come back a better more efficient fighter :thumbup:

On the Cat's moneyline.
:highfive:

lets do this

:yes:

I could see myself becoming an Aussie Rules junkie
Its a pity there are only 22 rounds in a season :laugh:

Great writeup, but I have one question.

Why are these teams "on the ladder" ?
Thanks bp. Ladder referring to a colloquial term for teams position... Naturally the better teams are on higher 'rungs' of the ladder than lower placed teams as it were....

Wow, awesome piece of writing. Counts me in for two units as well!

:highfive:

Melbourne 1.8 in the 1st half. Adelaide 1.2 in the 2nd half. Unreal. :wacko: