Football

• Start date
  • Replies 183 Comments
  • Views 7,340 Views

Guess it was too late to cancel it after this news yesterday?

MEXICO CITY — Mexico has acknowledged that the U.S. government has suspended all imports of Mexican avocados after a U.S. plant safety inspector in Mexico received a threat.

The surprise suspension was confirmed late Saturday on the eve of the Super Bowl, the biggest sales opportunity of the year for Mexican avocado growers.

Avocado exports are the latest victim of the drug cartel turf battles and extortion of avocado growers in the western state of Michoacan, the only state in Mexico fully authorized to export to the U.S. market.

The U.S. government suspended all imports of Mexican avocados “until further notice” after a U.S. plant safety inspector in Mexico received a threatening message, Mexico’s Agriculture Department said in a statement.

“U.S. health authorities ... made the decision after one of their officials, who was carrying out inspections in Uruapan, Michoacan, received a threatening message on his official cellphone,” the department wrote.

The import ban came on the day that the Mexican avocado growers and packers association unveiled its Super Bowl ad for this year. Mexican exporters have taken out the pricey ads for almost a decade in a bid to associate guacamole as a Super Bowl tradition.

Screenshot_20220213-175119_Chrome~2.png

Somehow managed to cap the game pretty accurately and still lose all my bets. Fun.

A good friend of mine lost $5K on Rams -4

The fokken PAT jfc

:oofsize:
Yeah $240 swing for me on that PAT, pushed Rams -3 1H instead of winning, Lost O23.5 instead of winning, Lost Rams 2Q ML instead of pushing.

poor Cincinnati. Is that the 3rd Super Bowl they blew in the last minute? I seem to remember San Francisco with Montana pulling out a couple miracles on them in the 80's :facepalm